Chapter 5: Lunch Date

Start from the beginning

"Oh okay, but no I will not be going to lunch with you."

"She means yes she will" Her neighbor, butts in.

"Arlo, no I won't."

"She's lying" He gives her a serious look.

"I am far too busy for lunch."

"No you're not" Arlo says as he stands up and grabs her paper work off her desk. "She's coming."

"Uh ... fine. I'm coming" She stands up and pushes in her chair. "Tell Franklin that I went out with the project people, okay Arlo."

"Okay honey."

"Well that was easier than I thought it'd be" I tell her. 

"Whatever let's go" She says grabbing her purse and walking away. 

Damn that ass. 

We get outside, I light my cigarette as she instantly walks to my car. 

"You remembered what one."

"I have a photographic memory."

"Neat" I say as we get into the car.

"So where's our lunch date happening?"

"My place."

"What?"

"I gotta pack and go over things with you."

"So pack later. We can go over things in a public place."

"Are you afraid?" I question her.

"Should I be?" She spats right back. 

"You tell me." 

Sierra's POV

The silence of this car ride is now killing me. Why out of all the places, he chooses his. It's so hard to play the leave me alone kind of girl when all I want to do is jump his bones. "What are we going to eat?" I ask.

"Food."

"Really?"

"Yup."

"Smart-ass." 

"We will be eating whatever I have in my fridge" He tells me flinging his cigarette out the window. 

I say nothing more and leave it at that, as I stare out my window. We're getting close to his place now. I close my eyes and start to fall asleep.

...

"We're here, sleepyhead."

"Hmmm oh ermkay" I say, yawning. 

He leaves the car, I follow.

Getting inside, it still looks the same as this morning.

"Make yourself comfortable" He tells me.

I sit down on the sofa. You know what he said make myself comfortable. I kick off my shoes and lay down on the sofa. 

"There you go" He says looking over at me. 

"You said make myself comfortable."

"I did, I want you to feel welcome here. Not afraid."

"I'm not afraid of your home Aidan."

"Then what are you afraid of?"

"Nothing, it doesn't mat..."

"Me?"

I stop talking.

"It is me. Why are you afraid of me?"

"I'm not."

"Sure darling. Don't be afraid of me, I don't bite. Well maybe I do, you'll just have to find out."

"What?"

"You heard me" He says as he rummages through his fridge. 

Fuck now I'm thinking things, thank you Aidan for letting my mind run loose. 

"Sandwich sound good?"

"Um yeah that's fine, thank you Aidan."

"You're welcome Sierra."

I scroll through my phone for a little bit before he hands me a plate with my sandwich on it. I smile and take the plate. 

"So, you're gonna be our photographer" He says as he sits.

"That I am." 

"You know that I had no idea that they chose the company you work for this, right?"

"I know. There were others in line. I am however glad that I did get picked for this though."

"Why? You seem to not like me."

"No, I do like you Aidan. I'm sorry I come off as a bitch. I'm glad because I need the money and plus I really want to start to travel again."

"Well it's good to hear you don't hate me."

"Don't push it" I tell him, he laughs. 

"You'll eventually love me."

"Oh will I?"

"Mhmm."

We continue to eat in silence. I get up and take my plate to the sink. I feel him right behind me as he sets his plate in the sink, he startles me.

"Sorry I didn't mean to scare you"

"It's fine" I turn around and look at him. I sure hope my eyes say something else than what I'm feeling, but I doubt it. He stares down at me, I look to his lips, he bites them. Do I say what I want to say? No I don't, I back away and walk around him.

"So what do you want to talk about?" I ask. 

"Sleeping arrangements." 

"What?"

"I'm joking. No I just wanted to have a lunch date with you so you could get to know me more."

"Oh, well I know you enough."

"You don't know me at all Sierra, you know the guy you see in magazines and on the television."

"Okay so tell me about you then" I say as I sit down back on the sofa.

"Get a piece of paper and a pen, you're gonna make a list so you remember me" He says as he plops down on his chair.

Well here goes everything I "knew" about him.