Chapter 23

GRAYSONS P.O.V.

Brooke went in the Auditorium to call Leah. She was taking a while and I was getting worried.

Just as she was leaving, Lizzy took her back in. I waited until she came back out to talk to Brooke to see what she said to her. When she did, I ran right in to make sure Brooke was alright.

-------
BROOKES P.O.V.

"Baby? You alright?" I heard Grayson ask as he walked toward me.

"Yeah. I'm fine." I said as I whipped my eyes. I didn't want to believe any of what Lizzy had just told me.

"Then why does it sound like you've been crying?" He said as he tried to hug me from behind. But I pushed him away and faced him.

"Why didn't you just tell me that you got her pregnant?!" I said as tears ran down my face.

"What? Babe. I have no idea what your talking about." He said confused.

"Oh don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about. Lizzy told me that she was the last person you dated before moving here. You even got her pregnant and she just had the baby last month."

"Brooke. I have no idea what you are talkin-"

"Oh save it Grayson. Its obvious this was all just a set up. Don't ever talk to me again. Were done!!" I said as I ran out of the Autitorium.

--------

I didn't even go to school the rest of that day. I didn't want to face Grayson.

There was a knock at my bedroom door at around 3pm that day.

"Who is it?" I asked as I whipped my tears away and stood by the door.

"It's me. Can I please come in?" I knew it was Grayson.

"I told you I didn't wanna talk to you again." I said through the door.

"Your talking to me now."

I knew that was just his excuse to get me to open the door. I saw no use in fighting with him, so I just opened the door.

"There's that face I love seeing so much."

"What do you want?" I said in that 'your not flattering me and I don't want you here' voice.

"To tell you that what ever it was that Lizzy told you, was a lie. Except for the part where she said that she was the last person I dated before moving here. That's very true. But anything else was a complete lie."

"She sounded pretty convincing to me." I said as I moved aside to let him in. I closed the door behind him.

"Well that's Lizzy for ya."

"So. You never really got her pregnant?" I asked as Grayson pulled me in close. Well, as close as he could with the small bump that was now there.

"No. Baby. I would have told you that before all of this happened. Just please trust me on this. Lizzy was just lying to get me back to herself."

"Alright. I believe you Gray."

He should know that I did believe him because I just called him Gray. If I were still mad and upset, I would have said Grayson.