Silent Beauty: Chapter Sixteen

Start from the beginning

                Liam looked over to Ally for a moment before turning back to me. He narrowed his eyes slightly, but I could tell he understood where I was coming from and I guessed that he had a sister.

                “I would never hurt Ally. She is my entire world, and if I did make her sad, I would gladly let you kill me. It kills me just to see her upset, so you will never have a problem with me. I love her so much that it hurts just to be away from her. I can’t imagine my life without her in it. I know she is much too good for me, and I don’t deserve her, but I can’t live without her. I get that you have to threaten me, but you will never have to follow through with it. She is my mate, and I am never letting her go.” He said glancing back at her every few seconds.

                I stood there shocked. I wasn’t expecting him to pour his heart out to me, but now I’m sure he will keep her safe. He really is in love with her. I didn’t even know what to say so I just asked the first thing that came to my mind. “What is a mate?”

                Liam’s mouth dropped open. “You don’t know what mates are?!” He exclaimed and I just shook my head.

                “You don’t know much about werewolves do you?” He asked and I looked down ashamed that I really didn’t know anything other than what I discovered myself.

                Liam sighed. “I may not like you right now because you made my mate upset, but you deserve to know about what you are. I will tell you after you explain everything to Ally. She needs to know what happened, but if you are going to hurt her, I suggest you just leave now.”

                I shook my head vigorously back and forth showing him that I definitely was not going to hurt her again. She didn’t need any more pain caused by me, and I needed to tell her that I wanted nothing more than to come back and I thought about her every single day.

                I looked up and noticed everybody walking inside so I jogged to catch up. Alex was still holding that boy, Adam, and anybody could tell that he was hanging on her every word. That kid adored her, and she adored him back.

                We walked inside and I was surprised that nobody stopped us as we walked through the house. I assumed this was the pack house, and that was just solidified when we walked into a conference room that resembled the one in the Simmons’s house.

                Liam motioned for me to sit and I complied not wanting to anger him anymore. He turned to Alex. “Ally, I don’t think Adam should be in here for this.” He said and Alex looked down with an unhappy look on her face.

                She sighed. “You’re right.” She said before addressing Adam. “Adam. Sweetie, why don’t you go and hang out my room? I will be up there in a little while”

                Adam nodded sadly before hugging her and jumping down. He then hugged Liam’s legs before running out of the room. Liam laughed at him while Alex walked over and leaned into his side.

                He wrapped his arms around her and led her to a seat across from mine. Then they both looked at me expectantly and I began my story.

                “So after I left, I didn’t really have a plan. I hoped that I could find enough money or something, so I could come back and take you away and take care of you. That didn’t happen obviously. I was out on the streets and it was the middle of the night when I was kidnapped.” I said and Alex gasped not expecting that, and I just continued.