4.0; "Broken."

Depuis le début

The frown on my face became more evident as my forehead creased, before I looked over to Maya. She bit her lip, before she shrugged her shoulders.

I let out a sigh, before the teacher began to speak but I could only block the sounds out from my mind anonymously. I couldn't think, or worry about anything else besides him.

I didn't even see him walk into school this morning, Zay even said that he didn't see him this morning. I knew something was wrong, I could feel it.

While we were halfway through class period, I glanced over to Maya. I leaned my head in, as I whispered quietly so the teacher wouldn't notice or hear.

"Wasn't Lucas in your 3rd and 4th period class?" I whispered, and she shook her head sadly. "I didn't him.." She whispered lightly.

I immediately shrugged back down into my seat, as the weight became heavier on my mind and shoulders.

Something's not right.

My heart began to race, and I could feel my leg jitter up and down. My hands begin to shake, and I try to concentrate on the board but I failed. I closed my eyes tightly, before I did something extremely risky.

I have to find him,

I have to know that he's okay.

I just couldn't take it anymore.

I quickly stood up in the middle of the lesson, and I heard gasps come from the students surrounding me. It felt like everything was blocked out from my mind, I couldn't hear the teacher yelling at me, but I knew Maya was calling my name.

I don't know what took over me, but my mind was telling me one and my heart was saying another. One should be stronger than the other, my mom told me once before.

And before I knew it, I was rushing straight out of the classroom like a bullet.

I have to go find Lucas,

That's all I cared about in that moment.

I didn't care if I got detention for months, I needed him.

I needed to find him.

I could hear calls coming from behind me but I completely ignored it, as I raced out of the school doors.

I hopped in my cars as fast as I could and pulled my car keys out of my backpack that was behind me.

I started up my car, before I drove off.

Where could he possibly be?

.....

I tried calling and texting him, but I still got no response.

I drove to Zay's house, thinking that he would most likely be there, if I was lucky. I quickly parked my car, before I jumped out and raced towards the front door.

I began to knock on the door as loud as possible, knowing that I couldn't just barge in, considering that it wasn't even my house and Zay's dad lived here.

My breathing was rapidly pacing, before the door suddenly swung open, and to my dismay, it wasn't Lucas.

"Riley Matthews?" Zay father said, as he gave me an odd and cautious look. I bit the inside of my cheek. "Hi Mr. Babineaux. Is Lucas here?" I asked quickly. He shook his head. "No i'm sorry, he isn't. I haven't seen him since Saturday. Aren't you supposed to be in school?" He asked. Of course, that is what he was worried about.

"N-No." I stuttered, as I took a step back, realizing now that Lucas could be anywhere. "Thank you." I said quickly, before I turned around and ran back to my car, jumping in. I could hear him yell something towards me, but I was too focused on getting out of here and finding my Lucas.