"Yeah, I'm sure he's eaten up with it."

Scott got us back on topic. "The Druids were Emissaries, right? So what if the Darach was an Emissary to the Alphas? I mean, we didn't know Trish was Derek's until last week."

"My aunt was Deucalion's and he killed her," I reminded him.

"Okay, first of all, I cannot believe that we've gotten to the point where a sentence like 'What if the Darach was an Emissary to the Alphas?' actually makes sense to me," Stiles quipped. He had a point "Second of all, we're gonna have a huge problem getting to Ethan."

"We are?" I asked.

"Going through Aiden," I snorted. "Ever since he's been back at school, they're always together," I looked between the two and smiled. "What are you smiling about?"

"They're not always together." I looked past them at Lydia. Scott and Stiles looked at one another before turning around to face Lydia. "That was subtle."

Lydia looked between the three of us. "What now?"

~~~

We cornered Ethan in the stairwell. He looked between the three of us.

"Relax," I said, feeling his fight-or-flight reflexes engaging. "We just want to talk."

Ethan looked at Scott.

"Just talking, I promise," Scott assured him.

"Why are you even talking to me?" Ethan asked. "I helped kill your friend. How do you know I'm not going to kill another one?" He just happened to glance in Stiles' general direction as he said that.

"Is he looking at me?" Stiles asked. "Are you threatening me? You know what I'm gonna do? I'm gonna break off an extra-large branch of Mountain Ash, wrap it in wolfsbane, roll it in mistletoe and shove it up your freaking —"

"Stiles!" I cried. "Chill, dude." I put my hand on his chest. "Chill."

"Well, for one," Scott said. "Anna is pretty adamant about you being different from the others."

Ethan glanced at me.

"We're talking to you because I know you didn't want to kill Boyd. And I think that if something like that happened now, you wouldn't do it again."

"You don't know what we owe them, especially Deucalion. We weren't like Kali and Ennis when we met him. We weren't Alphas."

"What were you?"

"Omegas. In actual wolf packs, Omegas are the scapegoat, the last to eat, the one who has to take the abuse from the rest of the pack."

"So you and your brother were, like, the bitches of the pack?" Stiles asked. I wanted to slap him in the back of the head.

"Something like that."

"What happened?" I asked.

"They were killers. I mean, people talk about us as monsters. Well, they were the ones who gave us that reputation. And our Alpha was the worst of them."

"Why didn't you guys just fight back?" Stiles asked. "Form Voltron Wolf, you know? Kick everyone's asses?"

"Voltron Wolf?" I asked giving him a look.