Chapter 11: Sleepover Panic

"Now now, Ayano, don't look so shock!" Ayano didn't even need to show it and her mother would know. After all, a model would hide her facial expressions to show a smile. Ayano really hates this scenario.

"Thank you, Ayano's Mother! These spaghetti taste delicious!" Yagami commented, as he ate some more of it. Fujiwara and Sakurai hesitantly ate the food, noticing the taste is blending into their mouths.

"Ah, thank you! This was one of the first time my experiments didn't die!" Ayano's mother laughed as everyone looked at Ayano. Her mother was laughing as Ayano shook her head.

"She's joking. Maybe. She did have the replace the kitchen seven times already." Ayano said quickly, before scooping her spaghetti and eating it. She didn't know half the things her mother would do. And she didn't know why her mother, despite her looks, did not remarry again.

"Haha, that was hilarious- Ah! Aren't you Take-chan?" Yagami looked at Fujiwara. Fujiwara merely kept on eating, who was trying to avoid Ayano's eyes. Ayano was also avoiding Fujiwara.

"Yes.."

"Long time no see! I would have never expected you two to be together!"

"We are not going out." Ayano and Fujiwara said simultaneously.

"But you two were like the best buddies back in elementary!"

"Eh, Ayano and Fujiwara are childhood friends?" Sakurai asked.

"Yeah, we were." Ayano replied back.

"And even Reiji and Ruka! How fun it was to see all of you here in the house! Though, we were at Kyoto in the past.."

"Suwa Reiji?" Yagami stood up. He was the one who beated them, especially Fujiwara who was at a close margin. Fujiwara was also interested, since he never met Reiji.

"Yes! Ayano and them were the best of friends!"

"Mother, I would like for you to be quiet." Her mother was the hyperactive family member. Ayano wonders how her father was able to put up with her. She knew her father loved her mother dearly. But since that day....

"Fine, I'll leave you guys to eating..." Ayano's mother left the room, leaving the awkward silence with everyone. The rain was still pouring outside. It was certain that they all were going to sleep in the same house.

"I never knew you knew and Fujiwara were childhood friends. You guys must have had a great relationship." Sakurai mentioned. But they both froze. Of course they had a great relationship.

But because of Ruka in his coma, their friendship broke. They both blamed themselves or each other for what happened. No matter how much Ruka interfered with Fujiwara and Ayano, Fujiwara still blamed himself for Ruka. Especially when Ayano was devastated over it. Ayano also blamed herself for forcing them to a dangerous site.

"Yes, we did." Fujiwara said. Yagami looked at Ayano who was shaking slightly. She sighed before picking up everyone's dishes. They were done eating, as Sakurai and Fujiwara sat in the living room, Yagami was helping her clean the dishes.

"You could have sat with them, Yagami." Ayano talked back.

"Eh~ You need help Ayano, especially when we barged into the house. It must be awkward with you and Fujiwara, of course."

"It is extremely awkward. After what happened 4 years ago.." Ayano droned off, as she stopped cleaning. Yagami, who was drying the dishes, looked at her confused. Tears were falling out of her eyes as she quickly wiped them and continued to clean the dishes.

"Hey, Ayano." Ayano looked at him. Yagami gave a small smile.

"You can always rely on me if you need help. I think I can handle everything. But Kabbadi." Ayano laughed for a bit, as she smiled back.

"Thanks, that means a lot, Yagami."

"Ah, just call me Riku." Her heartbeat skipped a beat, as her face grew hot. She swears, her face was blushing by now. She's hoping that Yagami didn't notice it yet.

Yagami was also blushing. Her smile had threatened him to fall to his leg and faint. It was taking a lot of effort of not doing that.

"Okay then... Riku." Yagami swears he could faint right there and right now. But they had the dishes to do. They cleaned, avoiding each other eyes.

Meanwhile, while hearing the laughter, Fujiwara felt a pain in his heart. He pined for her attention since his elementary days. Until it was taken away just now, by Yagami. Ayano likes Yagami. Yagami likes Ayano. Fate has already decided its course. Unless Fujiwara wants to steal her heart this instant.

Her heart is still unstable.

It can go anywhere. Suwa Reji, Hozumi, Heath, Suwa Ruka, Yagami, and even him. They all have a chance to approach Ayano and steal her away from the other contender. And right now, Yagami has the greater lead.

"Hey, Fujiwara, have you ever liked Ayano?" Sakurai asked. Fujiwara calmly answered.

"I have. But as a friend." Fujiwara bit his tongue.

"Hey, all of you." Ayano looked at them. "You guys should take a bath." They finally realized it. If they're sleepovering, of course you needed to take a bath. Two males. Two females. "Who's going first?"

"You can go, Ayano." Sakurai said nervously.

"You're our guest. And beside, my mom would kill me." After a game of rock paper scissors, the order was decided. Sakurai, Yagami, Fujiwara, and then Ayano. Sakurai said her goodbyes as she stepped into the bathroom. Yagami, Fujiwara, and Ayano sat in the living room. No talking.

"Hey, Ayano, what did you do in Elementary?" Ayano perked her ears.

"She obviously destroyed a table." Fujiwara lazily said. Yagami looked at her.

"Broke a table?"

"Hey! That girl was accusing me! What else should I've done?" Ayano yelled at Fujiwara. They were bickering, as Yagami watched. Fujiwara knew Ayano more than him. If Yagami likes Ayano, he had a big wall. He needs to know about her.

"Ah, the shower felt good. Yagami, you can go." Yagami left the room as Sakurai sat down with them. Ayano and Sakurai had light chatter, as Fujiwara only listened.

Then Yagami came back. Yagami had some of her old dad's clothes. Ayano's heart tightened.

Her dad left the family. Her mother nor her knew where he went, if he's alive, or whatsoever. Heck, they only had one photo of him. An unreliable one too.

"I'm going." Fujiwara left the room. Ayano just waited patiently. Her mother gave the okay sign as Ayano picked up her clothes from her room and raced to the bathroom. Her bathroom had two doors, one leading to the hallway, and one leader to the bathtub. The water was left running as Ayano opened the shower door to see what happened.

She wished she never opened it.

Her eyes widened as a half naked Fujiwara looked at her. They were just standing there, as the shower water ran. It was just utteral silence.

"Mother, I am going to kill you..." Ayano thought in her head.

"Um... I'm going to leave..." Ayano started walking only to have her hand pulled. She fell into Fujiwara's chest.

Fujiwara remember the look of Yagami before he went. The look that says that they were going to be rivals for Ayano's affection. He was going to forget liking Ayano, but Yagami had rekindle his fire.

"Stay with me, Ayano."