The Plan

“I’m fat,” I pouted and complained. Lately I was getting bigger, and bigger, and bigger. I felt like I ate a brick and it kept expanding in my stomach everyday. Like a sponge. I caressed my belly and looked under my shirt at my belly button. I poked it. Only 5 months and I feel like two hundred pounds.

“Your pregnant.” Hayden muttered with food in his mouth.

I guess, but he didn’t have teenage and pregnancy hormones running through his body. It was driving me crazy. I wanted food, but at the same time I wanted to stay in my comfy bed. I wanted to kill someone, but at the same time I wanted to laugh and have fun. Worse of all I wanted Hayden, but I also knew it was wrong. I was already a whore with a baby.

I sighed and flopped down onto the couch next to Hayden. Its been about two weeks since my visit to the doctor. Two weeks since I knew the sex of my child. I don’t know about anyone else but, the fact that I have something living and moving inside of me is just… Amazing. The fact that I might give birth to the next woman who might run for president, or be the next Monroe. I smiled and rubbed my belly.

I kept rubbing the smooth medium sized lump. Maybe a bit larger than it was supposed to be. I don’t know, all I know is that right now, my life is grand. My parents are considering me moving back with them. Granger and I are as wonderful as ever. My pregnancy is going fantastic.

Then there’s Hayden and I. I sighed and smiled. Hayden and I. I’ve never felt like this in my entire life. Well I don’t know if I felt like this with Liam. I was drunk. But I’m pretty certain I didn’t. I could feel the butterflies forming in my stomach whenever we kissed. Feel the tingle whenever we touched. Damn, I feel like I’m writing a sonnet….

Lastly, Autumn. Well we certainly have not been on good terms. Nor have we been as well as we have been before. When I first came here Autumn and I barley talked. Now it felt like that. But only we weren’t going to be friends. I tried to tell her I’m sorry many times before but she just calls me a bitch and mutters some smart remark under her breath.

I yelped, “What?” Hayden asked in monotone. Lately he’s been acting very tireless. When ever I tell him something exciting to me and responds with either an eye roll or something I wasn’t expecting. He did not seem happy about this baby. Even though she wasn’t his, he promised me he would take care of her as if he was. I just hope he keeps that promise.

I rolled my eyes and tried to keep as much excitement as I could, “She kicked for the first time!” I cheered and smiled. I sat up straighter and put his hand next to mine on my belly.

“It feels like an actual baby is kicking me through like a blanket or something.” Hayden smiled. Finally something I could remember for the rest of my life. It was totally a Kodak moment. “What does it feel like for you?” He asked me with a smiled.

I thought a moment and tried to find the right metaphor that would work. “It kind of feels like as if you ate a lot of food and you feel like five thousand pounds. Then imagine as if that food was trying to hop right out your stomach in many different areas.” I told him with a smile.

“God, that’s amazing.” He awed and smiled at me. I smiled back and gave him a peck on the lips. He sighed and carefully laid his head on my stomach after he gave it a light kiss.

I took the remote behind Hayden’s butt and flipped through the channels. I was waiting for Granger to come. I have very small patience so I had to keep myself entertained.

Soon enough Granger came through the door. I smiled and dropped the remote on Hayden’s lap. “Thank God,” He muttered. I smiled at both and held out my hand to Granger. Granger took my hand in hers and held it. That was our thing if we didn’t want to hug each other.