Revenge is The Sweetest Thing

I laid on Hayden’s lap again. He was lightly stroking my hair too. We were watching the greatest movie in the world, Titanic. I never knew a guy could be so sensitive and would actually agree to watch a romantic tragedy. Oddly enough, he was also crying.

I laughed when the movie was over and I sat up, “Are you seriously crying?” I asked.

He shook his head up and down and sweep the tear on his cheek with his hand.

“Pussy,” I muttered. I was a girl and yet, I wasn’t crying.

“Hey, I heard that!” He yelled, playfully.

I smiled, “Yeah what are you going to do about it?” I asked.

Hayden charged towards me and started tickling me. I screamed and laughed. I couldn’t stop laughing, it hurt my sides, but I was to ticklish to even think about stop laughing. “Ah, Hayden! Stop!” I yelled and laughed.

Finally he laid back on one end of the couch while I was still softly laughing. He started laughing too.

I looked at him, “What are you laughing about?” I asked him.

He smiled at pointed to the gory scene on the television. Somehow between our tickling fight the channel got changed and now we’re watching Saw. I rolled my eyes and watched the movie.

This was one of my favorite horror movies. I’ve seen it about a thousand times. I laughed as someone got thrown into a tub of needles. I looked over and watched Hayden with wide eyes. He was shivering and scared. He looked cute.

I stared at him at the other end of the couch. He hugged his knees and looked at the TV from behind both his knees.

For the first time I went by my instincts. I scooted a bit closer to Hayden. He looked at me with those beautiful brown eyes. I cuddled up to him.

Although I wish I would have followed my true instincts. I wish I would have kissed him…

*~*~*~*~*

I sighed as I looked up at the big building. Another day of torturer. Another day of fear. Just another day of high school.

As I climbed up the stairs, I didn’t think about Granger. I didn’t think about Liam. I didn’t think about all the kids calling me names. I didn’t think about my child. I didn’t think about my wonderful parents. I though about Hayden. Out of all this crazy stuff happening, all I could think about was him. I absolutely didn’t know why.

I smiled to myself as I made my way to my locker and got my needed books.

My locker suddenly closed as I got my last book. “So, how was your weekend?” Granger viciously smiled at me.

“Its not like you care, Granger. Get to the point, what do you want?” I asked her. I was tired of here bull crap. She was getting on my nerves.

She put her hand to her chest and faked no water tears. “Ouch, that hurt Summerlynn. I was just going to tell you about your best day today. But don’t worry, you’ll find out in third hour.”

I rolled my eyes and left Granger at my locker with that smile that could make anyone do anything she wanted. I didn’t know what she was talking about, but I sure didn’t want to wait till third hour to find out.

*~*~*~*~*

It was third hour. I was waiting for something to happen. Anything. Maybe a random amount of middle schoolers come to throw rocks at me. Maybe a bunch of God lovers would come and talk to me about the bible and God. Maybe everyone was just going to come in the classroom all at once and start pointing fingers and taunting me.