Cheated

I opened my eyes and I was welcomed with darkness. Just then I saw a bright light over the other side. I remembered I was at the park with Hayden. I slightly moved my head and found that my head was laying on Hayden’s chest.

“Hey, I was wondering when you’d wake up.” Hayden smiled down at me.

I quickly got off of Hayden’s chest and sat up. I rubbed my eyes and asked, “What time is it?”

He looked at his wrist watch and said, “Almost 6 AM.”

“Shit!” I cursed and stood up. “ I was supposed to be home by 10.”

“Well its kind of late now.” He said looking at his watch again.

I sighed and stood up.

“No its okay. We still have, an hour to get to school.” He said standing up with me.

“Hayden, school starts at 6:30. I would have to get ready in 15 minutes and then the drive takes about twenty minutes to get me home and to get to school. So no, its not okay.” I put my hand on my forehead and shook my head.

“It’s going to be okay your just going to miss one day of school,” Hayden assured me.

I took Hayden by the shoulders and shook him, “No Hayden, you don’t understand. I’ve never missed a single day of school since preschool!” Hayden let me shake him with a bored look on his face.

Hayden put his hands on my shoulders and mine fell from his, “Summerlynn, honey, I think the hormones got to your head. Take a deep breath.” I took a deep breath like he said. “Good. Now lets go get something to eat.”

He walked ahead of me with my hand in his hand and I groaned. Hayden lead me to his car, “Now do you want to go home and get yelled at, by who ever is in charge. Or do you want to go to Denny’s and spend the rest of the day with me.” He pointed to himself with his thumb and smiled.

I shook my head back and forth and Hayden’s face fell from his bright smile, “I’d rather go home and get the whatever’s coming for me. But you wont let that happen. You’d probably say something like, ‘Summer your pregnant you need some food in your stomach to feed your child,” I used my fake man voice.

Honestly I couldn’t go home. I couldn’t see Autumn and I know that when I do I’m going to burst into uncontrollable tears. I couldn’t let her see me so down when she herself was trying to keep in the loss and the hurt.

Hayden chuckled, “Actually if you wanted to go home I would have taken you. But you make a good point Summer, lets get something to eat for me, you, and your baby.” Hayden flashed that radiant fabulous smile at me and I gave him a fake one back.

The car was silent throughout the whole ride but the soft music in the background kept me from randomly breaking out in tears. The fact that someone I love dearly, just lost someone closer than her own mother, hit me straight in the face.

I couldn’t handle it any longer, I cried silently, from the inside.

*~*~*~*~*

Hayden and I were having a good time. Right now we were laughing about some couple across from us who was making out and ice cold water fell straight on the males crotch. Then loudly the woman said, “Honey you need to learn how to control your erections!”

We were laughing so hard that I didn’t notice that my father and his secretary Nancy passed us and sat at the small table on the right of us.

I suddenly stopped laughing, “What’s wrong?” Hayden asked with some laughs still in his system.