Now You Know

"Jake.." I pull away from his touch. "Let's just uhm hang out today." I whisper, looking at the floor.

"Or we could go to my place." He says smiling sweetly, both dimples in place.

"Well..maybe I could go for a little while but I have to be back before 5 so my dad won't know." I say, pushing my hair behind my ear.

Jake just stands there with his mouth open wide. "What's wrong?" I whisper.

"I think that's the most you've said the whole time we've known each other." Jake says smirking.

"Oh." I say frowning.

"You don't take jokes very well do you lil kitty?" He says, grabbing my chin with his pointer finger and thumb, making me look at him.

"No. I'm sorry." I admit looking into his gorgeous eyes.

"It's okay kitten." He lifts my head up slightly and places a gentle kiss on my lips, leaving tingles behind.

I blush and he grabs my hand. He walks me downstairs and tells me to slide my jacket on because its cold outside. I do as told and we walk out into the chilly November air.

Leaves fall onto the sidewalk, brushing by our feet as we walk. We haven't spoken since we left the house and he still hasn't released my hand.

His hand is warm and soft. He raises my hand to his mouth and kisses it.

Are we dating? No. I don't want to date him, because I don't have feelings for him like that. I start mentally talking to myself.

Well I know you like him so just admit it. I do not like him, mind. You are my mind not my heart, you don't know what I want.

Wow if only people could hear my thoughts they'd know I was crazy. I wish I were normal. Where are we?

I snap out of my thoughts and look at my surroundings. Old buildings, few trees, lots of alleys, old, rusted, broken down cars, and slow streets.

Jake stops in his tracks and I stop with him. He grabs his keys and unlocks a door to a building with graffiti on it.

"Welcome to my beautiful home." Jake says sarcastically. We walk up six flights of stairs until we reach his floor. He pulls out another key and unlocks, what I'm guessing, is his home door.

Well things I know about Jake: he lives on the sixth floor in a beat up building.

He acts like a complete bad ass, yet has a sweet and gentle side. He's a boxer. He smells of smoke and wash powder.

He rides a black motorcycle. He has gorgeous eyes, hair, and beautiful features, inside and out. He rarely says my name. That's pretty much it.

"Hello did you hear me?" Jake says, making me go back into reality.

"No, what did you say?" I ask softly.

"You zone out a lot, you know that? Anyways, do you want something to drink?" Jake asks me once more.

"No. I'm fine.." I reply. "Do you want something to eat?" He asks. "No. Thanks anyways." I say looking around the room.

I walk to the shelf by the tv and smile a rare smile.

I pick up a picture frame containing a picture of a woman and a child, around the age of 8.

The woman is pregnant and wearing a pink v neck shirt and yoga pants. The little boy is wearing khaki shorts and a blue shirt.

The little boy and the mother look the same. They're both smiling. The little boy has brown spiked hair and beautiful brown eyes.

"That's my brother Josh." Jake says from behind me. I jump and accidentally drop the picture frame.

"Oh my gosh, Jake, I am soo sorry! I didn't mean to-" I say stuttering.

"No, no, it's okay Aubree." Jake leaves the living room to get a broom.

I kneel down and start picking up the broken pieces of glass.

*slice*

I look down and see blood pouring out of my wrist. I feel just a split second of pain and I don't move. I just stare at the cut.

"Aubree!" Jake shouts from behind me. I sit there looking at the cut.

Jake picks me up, making me stand. He walks me to the bathroom and sits me on the edge of the tub.

"Are you okay??" Jake says frantically.

"Jake. I'm fine." I say softly as he gets peroxide and bandages. He raises my sleeve and his lips part slowly.

I look down and realize I forgot about my scars. "Oh shit." I say louder than expected. I roll my sleeve down and stare at Jake, his eyes staring back at mine.