Believe Me

A/N- warning self harm and eating disorders. There may or may not be sexual content. I will let you know. Please read, vote, comment. Thank you!
*********************************
"Why are you doing this Zack? I don't understand..I was..I thought I was actually good enough to be with you.." Tears spilled from my eyes as I looked at the ground, Zack, my boyfriend..well..ex boyfriend, inches from me.

"You will never ever be good enough for me. The only reason I dated you was for a dare. I can not be seen with a girl who doesn't eat like a normal person and has scars on her wrist like some kind of emotional freak."

Zack walks away and I collapse to the floor, more tears falling from my eyes. No one understands. No one understands the things I do. Why I do them. What caused them. No one wants to know. I am against the world.

Zack was one of the good things that actually happened to me in a very long time. I guess now I can only do what I know what to do best.

I shut my bedroom door and grab my scissors, opening them I slide the sharp blade across my wrist. I bite my lip for the pain but continue; the physical pain feeling better than the emotional pain.

The tears stop falling and I stop cutting. I look at my wrist and realize I got too carried away with cutting and covered my entire arm.

I grab my moms old yellow hoodie she gave me when she was still alive. I slip it over my small frame and look in the mirror. Dad always says I look like her.

'Buzz buzz buzz'. I open my eyes slowly and look around. Oh. It was just a flashback dream, or nightmare I should say. I click my clock and sit up.

"Aubree! Breakfast is finished, come eat darling!!" My dad yells from downstairs.

That dream felt so real. It's been just two years since Zack dumped me. My dad thought it'd be a good idea to move so we moved from Florida to Washington, we've been in Washington for about 6 months now.

My mom died when I was 6 so I don't remember her much. Dad says I look just like her with my big brown eyes and my ash blonde hair.

I slip on my moms hoodie and walk downstairs. I look out the window and it is pouring the rain. The weather is completely bipolar here and I'm still adjusting.

"Good morning sweetie." My dad kinda acts like my mother since she isn't here anymore. "Dad I'm 17 you don't have to call me sweetie anymore."

I look at the pancakes and my stomach growls. I bite my lip because I haven't eaten in 3 days. I grab one pancake and eat six small bites.

"So..I finally got your school packet and you're officially enrolled in Bridges High school." My dad looks at me and I kinda frown.

"But it's November..people already started and I don't know anyone.." I trail off and look at my pancake.

"I know pumpkin but it will be okay..now I have to go to work so get ready for school tomorrow." He kisses my head and out he goes.

I am so not ready for high school. Will I survive? I doubt it. Hopefully things will be better in Bridges than back in Florida.

I walk to the living room and lay on the couch. I grab my favorite Nicholas Sparks book and curl up in my purple blanket from when I was a kid. I lay my head on the couch arm as I read.

The rain continues pouring and I listen to the large water droplets falling on the tin roof. I smile to myself. I have always liked listening to rain. I put my book down and lay down on the couch.

I sigh softly and close my eyes. This is the most calm I've been for months. I kinda like it. My thoughts drift off as my mind becomes clear. Soon enough sleep takes over my body.