Not Again

"Aubree Jane wake up!" I startle awake and rub my eyes looking around. I see a dark figure and stare carefully. "Who are you?" I ask, my heart beating fast.

"You don't know who I am..?" A crisp, dark voice asks.

"No..should I?" I whisper cautiously.

"I'm only your boyfriend!" These words snap me out of my thoughts. "Zack!?" I jump up and turn on the light.

"What the hell are you doing here and how did you find me?" My voice cracking. My face covered in panic.

"The school doesn't do very good in keeping personal records." He smirks and walks closer to me. I back up further and he grabs my wrists in his grip.

"Zack let go of me! I..I fucking hate you!!" I shout in his face and stomp on his foot.

"You shouldn't have done that sweetheart." He smirks and raises his fist. I flinch and jerk upward.

I realize my breathing is fast paced and I'm clenching my sweat drenched blankets. Why do I keep having dreams of Zack? Why does he want to hurt me? How did I get in my bed?

I sling the covers back and pace my floor. "Aubree," my dad sings from name from downstairs "get ready for your first day of school sweetie!"

I sigh and walk to my bathroom. I turn on the warm water and undress myself. I turn my music on from my iPod dock and step into the warm water.

I let the water run over my body as these thoughts about my past flood through my mind.

'Why is Zack all I've dreamt about for the past two days?' 'Why is he hurting me?' 'Do I still love him?'

That thought snaps me out of thoughts and I shake my head. "No I hate him." I say to myself. I get out and turn off the music. I walk to my room and shuffle through my wardrobe.

Ugh. What am I going to wear? I mentally ask myself. I sling my clothes out on the floor and pick out my favorite outfit: a white tank top, leather jacket, skinny jeans, and combat boots.

I look in my mirror and smile my fake smile. I shake my fingers through my hair, making it curly. I walk to my makeup counter and look at myself.

I sigh and frown. "Why can't I be beautiful?" I ask myself aloud.

"Honey, you are the most beautiful young woman I have ever seen." My dads words makes me smile. A rare real smile that takes a lot to happen.

"Thanks daddy." I stand up and he opens his arms, I wrap my small arms around his waist and take in his scent of pine cones and mountains.

"Welcome sweetie. You can walk to school since its just a block away. I have to go to work. Be careful and take your phone. Bye, I love you honey." He kisses my forehead and releases me to go to work.

I sit back down and apply my foundation and soft pink blush. I put on eye liner and mascara, along with my favorite grey sparkly eyeshadow.

I look at myself in the mirror and I smile for real. My dads words keep repeating in my head. I grab my phone, keys, and bag and start walking downstairs.

I open the door and close it behind me. I walk down the sidewalk and smell the autumn air breezing around me. I love the fall.

I feel something behind me and turn my head slowly. 'Oh okay, it was just a squirrel.'

I finally reach school and see the huge parking lot and groups of teenagers piling in the school. I lower my head and walk in the front doors. I find the lobby and grab my schedule.

Okay, what's my first class? Ugh, history. I hate history. I look around for the classroom and feel someone push me. I look up and see a girl wearing all black, laughing at me.

Ugh not again. I already dealt with this in Florida. I start walking and finally find history class, on the third fucking floor. *ding ding*

Great. It's my first day and I'm already late for class. I walk in and give my packet to my history teacher. He smiles and points to my seat. I nod and sit down.

Everyone keeps staring at me..and great that goth girl is in my class. This year is going to be great! Hint my sarcasm.

History surprisingly flew by and I rush out of the classroom making my way to my locker. I jerk forward and drop my books. I pick them up and stand up looking around.

"Wow..look at the dorky bitch we have here." The goth girl smirks at me. "You're gonna be my bitch this year, got it, trampy?" I look down as she speaks to me.

"Hey slut. Did you fucking hear me?" She shouts at me and raises her fist. I back up but realize I'm against my locker.

She moves her fist back and swings. I flinch, closing my eyes, waiting for the impact. It doesn't come. I slowly open my eyes to see goth girls fist held in another fist, inches from my face.

"Hey Tabitha, why don't you go find someone else to bitch on." A deep soothing voice speaks. I look to my left and witness something I have never seen. Someone is standing up for me.

A guy wearing a green v neck and dark wash jeans is holding Tabitha's fist inches from my face. My jaw drops slightly. He is gorgeous.