Chapter Twenty Five

Hey, wanna know what's funnier than 24?

25.

On a more serious note, I'm so sorry I haven't updated in a billion years. I have so much to deal with right now and wattpad isn't my main priority.

Also you guys should know this is the last chapter before the epilogue. 

-------------------------------

Previously....

*Cassey's POV*

"Relax." He laughed. "I was just guessing. Making small talk. You have a pretty voice, you must be pretty too. Figured a pretty girl would have a guy tied around her finger."

"Sure, I guess." One of the windows in the living room had been left open, so I set the bat down and closed the window.

"Hey, I have a question for you."

"Shoot."

"Did you just lock me in, or out?"

----------------------------------

I immediately spun around, as if he would be right there, right behind me. I grabbed the bat and tightened my grip. "If you're in here, I swear to God-"

"You're gonna what?" He poked. "Play tee ball? Have some batting practice?"

I tried to make myself sound intimidating, but my voice cracked halfway between my sentence. "Yeah, and I'm going to bash your face in."

He chuckled. "You'd have to find me first."

Suddenly, everything clicked. The weird text messages. The sarcastic jokes. The chuckle. "D-Daren."

I felt like he was right next to me when I heard his sick chuckle again. "It took you long enough to figure that out."

"How-where- what did you do to Kris?"

"Oh, she's fine. Peachy, actually. She's got quite a temper, did you know that? Very sassy."

I began opening closet doors, running up and down stairs, looking for the bastard. "You didn't answer my question."

"Right, the bitch-"

"Don't you dare call my friend a bitch."

He sighed. "Don't tell me what to do. I'm the one in your house with the gun, watch your mouth around me."

I froze in my tracks. "G-gun?"

"Oh, what else did you expect? What do you think I'd have in my hands, a banana? Yeah, I'm right in the kitchen making a smoothie, want some? I'm not an idiot. Of course I have a gun! it's loaded and ready to fire, sweetheart."

"I-I'll call the p-police-"

He laughed. "Do that and I'll shoot you right where you're standing. Remember, you can't see me, but I'm watching your every move."

I yelled out in frustration. "What did I ever do to you? What did I do to deserve this? Why can't you just leave me alone?"

"Why don't you ask Kris?"

The line went dead.

Almost immediately afterward, my phone started ringing in my hand, and I swore that my heart actually jumped out of my chest. The caller ID showed Forrest was calling, and I immediately picked up.

"Hey babe, did you call me?' He asked, concerned as to why I was calling him at this hour.

At this point, I was so terrified that I was holding back tears. "Y-yeah, I di-"