i wonder if she still does (Cherry/Sylvia) Bonnie and Clyde AU

I felt warm in her arms, she held me gently against her body. I had my arms around her waist, not knowing where to put them. She had a hand in my hair, stroking it softly. The other on my hip, drawing invisible circles.

She was humming to a tune I didn't recognize.

I don't know how she could stay so calm, she killed a man and she didn't even finch or lose her cool. That was the first time I saw her act so, cold? I don't know how to even describe it, it didn't feel real. I was scared, I don't know if she was.. But I still am.

That didn't stop me from loving her. The memory of us huddled together in bed after what happened is imbibed in my mind.

I wonder how she's doing now. Did she move on? Is she repenting for her crimes? Did she get caught, and got thrown into prison? Is she.. Is she still alive?

I had to leave her, she sucked me into that crazy world. It was toxic, she was like a drug to me, a sweet drug killing me softly, and I just couldn't get enough of her. I was loving every second of it.

I'm not trying to say she wasn't good to me, she was one of the best things that's ever happened to me. I wanted to live my life dangerously with her, and she gave me that. We ran away from our hometown. We went far away, and started robbing banks. It was fun at first, I got off on the adrenaline, I loved the rush I felt after we'd done that. We'd go rent a room in a motel and go at it all night.

We were happy.

After a while.. She changed somehow. She was the same most of the time, but she became more brash, she acted impulsively. She used to think things over and plan them. She always wanted more money, we used to buy eachother expensive clothes, glamorous jewelry, cover eachother in hundred dollar bills. She became money hungry. We had to rob more and more banks. We started having arguments. We never fought, only the occasional quarrel but we'd always make up.

Then at some point I lost it. We fought, and I was done. I packed my things, she didn't seem to care. She just sat there, on our motel room's bed. Her hands were holding her head up. Her eyes were teary.

She didn't try to stop me. I guess she understood that this was the end. It was too late though.

When I was heading to the door she spoke; "I love you, I know you probably won't forgive me but I'll always love you Cherry, I'm so sorry." She roughly wiped the tears that were threatening to spill. She hated to be seen crying. I smiled sadly, and caressed her cheek. "I love you too Sylvia, but I have to go now." I softly kissed her red lips.

I opened the door and left. I heard a vase crashing to the floor.

I still think about her.

I wonder if she still thinks about me.