chapter 6

I lie in my room and think for hours. What just happened? Mason, Mr Foster, ME. Whats wrong with me? why am i acting like a complete idiot. Nothing really happened between me and mr foster. i flirted and he almost kissed me but he didnt. It happened so fast. Im not like this..i just dont kiss guys right after i meet them. i dont throw myself at guys either, especially the guy being my teacher. I cant believe i did that. Its so embarressing. im just going to ignore him and hang out with mase. yet i just met him and i cant help but feel a complete loss, like someone important to me died. I need to stop. Its 2 am. I should go to bed now.

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

I wake up with the worst headache. i decide to just wear skinny jeans and a baggy sweatshirt today, i dont feel like dressing up. I throw on a my converse. I totally ignore the fact im without makeup and walk down stairs.

"EW" i hear lillie yell

"What are you wearing mags?" 

"shut up lillie" i say in less than a whisper

she stops talking and focuses on her cereal. Moms already gone i see. 

OH SHIT! she took the car. i look out the window and see its gone and i realize whos bringing me to school. NOOOOO! i slump on the couch and see it 7:00am and right on cue the door bell rings.  I tell lillie to get it, and she does obviously knowing im upset.

"Hi Mr. Foster!" i hear her say cheerfully.

"Hi lillie" he says back

I get up grab my bag. im going to try to get along with him. Try to put our situation back to normal. Teacher and student. Thats all we are and thats all we will ever be. I walk up to the door plaster a fake smile on and say "Hello".

Hi Maggie" he says looking uneasy

"shall we go" i say with the smile still plastered

He waves his hand and we walk to his car. i get in back an tell lillie she can have the front today. She smiles gleefully.

We make our way to school. I get out say goodbye and grab lillies hand and pull her toward the school. I have him first period. Great! i run to masons locker hoping hes there, i need normal. HES THERE! yes! i run  up to him and give him and hug and he swings me around. we have a friendship so strong it can outway anything. 

Mase rubs his thumb on my cheek and asks if im okay. "yah, im just tired" i say. He kisses my forehead in a reasuring friendly way. i just hug him. 

"AHEM" i hear someone say angrily 

 i turn and my eyes widen, its Mr Foster.

"I dont believe we condone this kind of physical contact in the school" he says acting all teachery.

We are silent. We didnt do anything wrong, we were just hugging, yet i dont say anything because people are staring. 

"Ill see both of you after school today. Dont be late for detention"

I speak up "are you serious?!" We did nothing wrong we were just hugging"

"And he kissed you!" he sounds more than pissed

"On the forehead!" i shout

"Say one more word and it 2 weeks of  lunch and after school detention, i do not tolerate slu---" he stops himself but says as if hes hurt.

My focus is on the last word and i think so is masons. Because next thing i know there was a fist to mr fosters face.