Ziam - Greek Myths

ZIAM!

Prompt: Zayn is kind of a geek and tell Liam about fate and Greek Myths and Liam can't really help but fall in love.

xx

___________________________________________________________________

Liam realizes it one late evening as they trip out of a bar on the main strip. Harry had begged Liam and Zayn to take him out and help him get over his latest break-up, Louis Tomlinson. It’s dark and dreary when they leave, and Harry is a sobbing mess because, ‘Louis was supposed to be the one’. Zayn is so gentle and sweet with the broken and drunk Harry and Liam sees it all at one moment. Zayn is perfect and beautiful, inside and out and there is no one he loves more in the entire universe.

            “It’s like Greek mythology,” Zayn smiles sadly, “Have you ever heard the story?” Liam shakes his head because he has no bloody clue what Zayn is talking about as they walk slowly towards the parking lot. “Every human is created with four legs, four arms, and two heads. Zeus believed humans to be too powerful this way, and split us in two, forcing us to live our entire lives in search of our other half, condemning us to never feeling whole without them,”

            “He was the one,” Harry whines again. And Liam feels his heart swell and break at the same time because he just realized that Zayn is everything he has ever wanted and he only feels whole when they are together.

            Liam is the designated driver as they hop in the car and buckle up. They take Harry home like good friends and make sure he is safely in bed before they leave. The drive is quiet as they head towards Zayn’s flat, where the boy would be dropped off, until, “Do you believe it?”

            “Hmm?” Zayn hums, not really sure what Liam had just said because he had been in deep thought.

            “Do you believe it, what you said back there, about Greeks myths?” Liam asks, his fingers twiddling a bit at ten and two.

            “Yeah,” Zayn smiles, “I’d like to think that it’s true,”

            Liam bites his lip nervously a little thrown off by that beautiful smile and then asks, “And how do you reckon we know when we find our other half?”

            This silences Zayn for the rest of the ride and as they pull up in front of his flat, Zayn says, “Maybe if we continue and drive to your house I can give you a good answer,”

            Liam internally cheers because he loves having Zayn spend the night. But just to give his friend a way out he says, “Are you sure? I’m patient enough to wait. I only have one bed remember,”

            “The floor is fine,” Zayn complies, “And you aren’t as patient as you think,”

            So the rest of the drive is a little bit louder, as Liam goes on about his classes at uni and how much he despises some of his professors and loves the others. Zayn listens halfway and chimes in when necessary, feeling a little silly about having thrown the idea of university out the window so quickly because it sounds like fun. But Zayn is happily employed as a comic artist right now, so he doesn’t think things could get much better.

            They get out of the car and walk into Liam’s flat and take off their shoes, falling onto the couch, their bodies piled almost on top of one another and Liam moves a bit because that burning touch was too much for him to handle right now. It even makes him say, “You can sleep in my bed with me,” Zayn makes a silly little face, and Liam quickly adds, “If you want, I mean, you don’t have too,”