Ziam - The Intern

ZIAM!

Prompt:  This is more from my random thoughts. Zayn is an FBI agent, and he can't figure out why little intern Liam Payne figured out what to do before he did.

xx

_____________________________________________________________________

It was in an old room covered in dust that Zayn found it. Another piece to the puzzle he had been trying to unravel for the past three months. His hands grabbed the yellowed thick parchment, licking his lips as his eyes scanned over lines of chicken scratch handwriting. But it made no sense.

            He threw the paper angrily across the room and slumped down in the old library chair, his head in his hands as he breathed in the dusty air particles, enjoying the way they made his throat tickle in the slightest.

            “Agent Malik,” A clear voice called to him, “Do you need any help in there?”

            “No,” Zayn growled shaking his head, “There are no leads here. Let’s go somewhere else. I’m done,”

            He threw more papers across the ground, his black dress shoes clicking across the old floor as he walked out of the small library.

            “Sir,”

            “Quiet,” Zayn snapped, running his hands through his hair and then readjusting his FBI badge.

            “But…sir,”

            “Be quiet Officer Payne,” Zayn continued, “You are acting only as my intern for the week. I do not need your input on any of the cases. This case has been unsolved for three months, and there are families waiting for news on their children who could be dead,”

            “Yes, sir, I know,” Liam muttered, his cheeks blushing over, “I just…I was thinking. Why would you put the answers right out in the open, where anyone could see?”

            “What are you saying, Payne? This is the address. I thought it was here,”

            “It is,” Liam explained, grabbing his boss’s hand and stopping him, “You have the address right, but, you have the wrong library,”

            “Why would there be two libraries?”

            “I…I don’t know, but on the way in there was this other door, and I just thought--”

            “Take me there,” Zayn insisted. Liam bit his lip and nodded, walking towards the room. When they arrived Zayn didn’t even try to open the door. He simply pushed Liam out of the way and kicked it open, the door almost falling off the hinges. “You may be onto something, Liam,”

            On the inside, Zayn was screaming in happiness, because this was it. Liam Payne, the little intern officer that had been following him like a puppy for the past few days had cracked the case Zayn had taken forever to figure out.

            The papers were all there. The final hints. And soon, Zayn called the rest of his team, sending them to the address where the kidnapped had been taken.

            “You fucking did it,” Zayn chuckled sickly, “You figured out exactly where to go and what to do, even though I couldn’t,”
            Liam’s eyes widened in uncertainty.

            In a moment of complete confusion and joy, Zayn turned to Liam, pushed him against the wall, and pressed his lips to the intern’s, hard. Liam didn’t move, or fight back, he didn’t want to get on his boss’s bad side. But in reality, Liam enjoyed it.

            Zayn pulled away with a smile and then put his hands on both sides of Liam’s head, “Thank you, beautiful boy. Thank you for helping me find this,”

            Liam only nodded.

~

            Days later, Liam was mysteriously promoted to become a low level FBI agent, and when he arrived to work the first day, in his tight black slacks and button up shirt, he found that he was assigned to Agent Malik’s team.

__________________________________________________________________

Just a short little...You know.....

Anyway. yeah.

xx