Zouis - Someone Like Louis

ZOUIS!

Prompt:

xx

__________________________________________________________________________

You, yes, you there. I'm looking at you. I guess I just want to say thank you. Thanks for taking the time to listen to my story. The story of how I met him. I know it sounds silly, but I love telling the story so much. Maybe it's because I miss him. I miss his blue eyes and the way he laughed at everything. Maybe it's because he got something he didn't derserve. But I guess that doesn't matter. Just thanks for coming to listen.

I met Louis on a random Friday during the summer. He was sitting on a bridge and singing some song. I don't even remember what. There was no reason for me to walk over to him, but I did. And I am glad I did. Every second of every day, I am thankful that I walked over to him.

"You have a nice voice," I had said.

He smiled at me, and then said, "And you are beautiful,"

Being a guy, and hearing those words from, well, another guy, had me a little caught off gaurd. But he just kept smiling at me, so I smiled back.

He told me his name was Louis, and I told him I was Zayn. And we talked for awhile, until I noticed the bracelet on his wrist. It was from a hospital.

"You're sick?" I had asked. He shrugged and looked at the peice of plastic like it was some sort of cage.

"I guess,"

And that was it. He said nothing else about being sick. He didn't even tell me that he had run away from the hospital just to go sit at that very bridge. I didn't figure that out until much later.

And yeah, we started dating. Everyone said we fit perfectly with each other, you know, because he was happy and funny and Louis, and I was boring old Zayn who had never done anything with my life until I met him. 

Turns out he was a lot more sick than he ever lead on to. I cried when he told me, and asked why he had never told me before. He didn't give me a good enough answer, and I got upset. Sure, we had a few fights over our years, but it was normally really good. I loved Louis like he was the only person I had in the world. And Louis loved me back just as much.

He got sicker though, and the doctors said they had one surgery left they'd like to try. I told Louis it would be worth a shot. He agreed.

And I was right.

Louis got better, and he and I started to do normal things. Go out on dates to amusement parks and walking through the park hand in hand.

I loved Louis a lot. And when we got older, it didn't take much for me to get down on one knee and ask him to marry me.

Louis said yes.

So yeah, we were in our twenties and life was going great, and we thought about adopting kids and stuff. It was great. I couldn't believe my luck.

And then it got bad again.

I guess that the problem about life. You have to take the ups and downs and everything in between.

Louis passed away on my 30th birthday. Not fair, I know.

But I loved every second I got to spend with Louis before hand. Plus I had to stay strong for our son, who had his big blue shining eyes. 

Yeah, I missed him. But I loved telling our story. So what do you think?

I think that I will never love someone the same way I loved him. But I don't care. I will miss him forever. 

You can't just forget someone like Louis.

And trust me, I never will.

_______________________________________________________________________

xxx

I liked that one. 

Sad, sorry sorry sorry.

It's really short too.