Ziam - Being In Charge

ZIAM!

Prompt: Could Liam be the all around good boy in school and they're doing a fundraiser, and it's a people auction and he got pulled into being one of those people being auctioned and Zayn is the bad boy who would love to see Liam have to do anything he asks him to do so. Add whatever else you'd like just something along those lines. Please (:

THIS PROMPT. OH GOD. xx

__________________________________________________________________

            Liam didn’t want to be part of the fundraiser. That was never something he had been interested in. Yes, it was for a good cause and all, but he really didn’t want to be forced to spend the entire day by someone’s side, dong whatever they asked. It was called a ‘Student Swap’. The rules went like this. The kids being ‘auctioned’ off stood on stage, and other kids literally bid on them. Whoever won, get’s to spend the entire week with the person—classes get switched and everything. At St. Peter High School, the Student Swap was everything. People got girlfriends this way, boyfriends this way, and even though quite a few parents disagreed with it, they continued with it every year anyway because it earned a lot of money.

            “Mr. Payne?” Liam’s history teacher called one day after class.

            “Yes, sir?”

            “I was wondering if you would like to take part in the fundraiser tomorrow,” He said, glancing up to Liam hopefully, “I can’t help but notice how popular you are. I think you could raise quite a bit of money,”

            “Oh,” Liam said, surprised. People had of course suggested this before, but a teacher had never gone this far. “Well, uh,”

            “Please, Liam? It’s for a good cause. Plus, you are the captain of the football team, I’m sure people will go crazy,”

            So Liam accepted, even though he really didn’t want to.

            That’s how he ended up on stage the next day, standing here awkwardly in front of the entire student body. The speaker of the auction was his friend, Niall, who smirked when Liam came out on the stage.

            “Alright,” Niall said into the microphone, “Next up is, Liam Payne. Captain of the football team and handsome lad. So, why don’t we start the bidding at…let’s say, 35?”

            Normally, kids only had enough money to pay around 30 for this fundraiser, because no high school kid would pay more than that to spend a week with a random person.

            However, as soon as Niall had finished talking, kids in the audience held up their hands, calling out that they would love to have Liam for the week. They were also offering high amounts of money. Higher bids than they had ever seen at the Student Swap.

            “Well, isn’t he little Mr. Popular,” Niall laughed, “How about 50?”

            People still volunteered. Liam felt so awkward out there on stage, so completely strange in his own body, as if everyone in the audience was absorbing him with their eyes.