.:Chapter Four:.

Brian kicked down the door to Johnny and Jimmy's apartment, a grin plastered across his face as his two friends jumped in fear. "What's up, fuckers?" He called, slinging his metal bat over his shoulder. Zacky walked in behind him, closely followed by Matt and Mel; all three of them were shaking their heads, but the hazel-eyed man couldn't help smiling at his roommate's crazy antics. Even during the end of the world, he's still the Brian that I know and love.. He thought. "Are you guys ready to go?" He asked, scratching at the back of his neck absentmindedly.
     "Yeah, just let me grab something out of the bedroom," Jimmy murmured, hopping up from the couch and sprinting back towards their shared bedroom. The brown-eyed man cocked a brow upwards, glancing at their shorter friend Johnny, who then shrugged in confusion. "Alright, let's go!" He called, trotting back into the living room, his inky black hair fanning out around his head. Jimmy was the tallest of their group of friends, standing at 6'3", making him just a few inches taller than Matt. He was also the skinniest and lankiest of the group, but he was in no way the weakest; his strength oftentimes rivaled Matt's, despite Matt being over 200 pounds of pure muscle. Johnny, however, was the shortest of the group, standing at 5'5", but yet again, he wasn't weak at all. Everyone in the group was relatively strong, and could most certainly hold their own against a hoard of flesh-hungry monsters.
     "Alright, let's go.." Zacky muttered, shockingly being the first person to walk out of the apartment. He hung his head towards his chest, a sigh escaping his lips as his brain was plagued with thoughts of jealousy. Why can't Brian and I have a relationship like Johnny and Jimmy? Why can't we be together like that? Why.. As they were descending the staircase, Zacky felt an arm drape protectively around his shoulder; when he glanced over, he realized it was Brian, a concerned look plastered across his face.
     "Are you alright?" He asked softly, his brow slightly furrowed to show his level of concern. What kind of question is that? Of course he isn't alright, you fucking dunce. He mentally kicked himself for asking such a stupid question, but he kept his deep chocolate gaze fixed on his roommate, hoping that he'd be able to comfort him a little bit.
     "Yeah..." The hazel-eyed man answered, a slight blush spreading across his cheeks. "I'm just.. I don't know, this sounds kind of stupid in the scheme of things, but do you ever wish you kinda had a relationship like Jimmy and Johnny?" He asked, casting his gaze back towards the couple with the most ridiculous height difference, a pang of jealousy hitting him in the chest. Brian frowned, tilting his head sympathetically.
     "Honestly, yeah, I do.. Guess we kind of missed our chance with that, didn't we?" He muttered shakily, a smile crossing his lips. Zacky chuckled weakly, discreetly sighing in disappointment when Brian's arm left his shoulder. "We'll get ours one day, man.. We just gotta keep our heads up." He smiled reassuringly, brushing past him and wrenching open the door to the apartment complex. The brown-eyed man turned around, facing his group of friends as he walked backwards out of the door. "Alright, now, here's what we're gonna do-" Suddenly, Brian was tackled to the ground, and the distinctive sounds of snarling filled the air.
     "Brian!" Zacky cried, sprinting forward and grabbing the reanimated corpse by his shoulders, throwing him to the side and helping his friend to his feet. When the hazel-eyed man turned around, he saw an entire hoard of zombies limping towards them; with wide eyes, Zacky started to back up, his arm outstretched to protect Brian at all costs. "Everyone, get to the car! Brian, go!" He ordered, quickly snatching the metal bat from his roommate's hands and hitting the zombie that had tackled Brian.
     "I'm not leaving you behind!" The brown-eyed man called as everyone else was already running for the vehicle, which was parked several yards away.
     "I didn't ask! Go!" Zacky snapped. "I'm buying you time, get to the car!" He turned around and swung at another creature, effectively knocking the head off of it. Ten points. He smirked, starting to back up as he swung violently, making sure there were none of them close enough to grab him before he turned and ran for the car. Brian grabbed his hand, pulling him along faster and frantically hitting the unlock button. The entire group dove into the vehicle, panting for air as they locked the doors. Brian started the car and peeled away from the hoard, a shaky sigh of relief escaping his lips as he stared in his rear view mirror.
     "Fuck, that was too close.." Mel said from the backseat, clutching onto her boyfriend in fear. "Zacky, I swear to God, if you ever do anything like that again, I'll hit you upside the head with a fucking disembodied limb."
     "I second that notion." Brian murmured, glancing over at his roommate, who was sitting in the passenger's seat. He sighed softly, cracking his neck to both sides as he checked his side mirrors, making sure the hoard was far behind them before he slowed down to a safer pace. He almost got hurt.. I would never forgive myself.. He thought. "Alright, uh," The brown-eyed man cleared his throat. "We need to get gas.. Who wants to pump while I stand guard?"
     "I will." Matt muttered bravely. Brian nodded slowly, navigating the car into one of the many gas stations that were placed on the side of the road. The brown-eyed man grabbed the metal bat away from Zacky, and then the two men climbed out of the vehicle, looking around cautiously before relaxing a bit. Matt began to put gas into the vehicle, occasionally looking up to make sure there were no zombies coming towards them. Once the tank was full, the two men climbed back into the car.

     "So, what's the plan, then?" Johnny asked, nervously scratching at the tattoo on his neck. His free hand was laced protectively in Jimmy's fingers, almost as if he was afraid of letting go of his boyfriend.
     "Well.. We're gonna drive straight through to Vegas, and crash in some of the underground bunkers they have there. After that, we'll just have to keep moving.. If we stay in one place for too long, these things will find us, and we definitely don't want that." Brian explained grimly, setting the car's cruise control at 75 mph and then rubbing his left eye with his free hand.
     "How far away is Vegas?" Jimmy asked.
     "About six hours, the route we're taking," The hazel-eyed man in the passenger's seat replied, picking at his nails. "So everyone get comfortable. Because from now on, we're stuck with each other whether we like it or not." Although I definitely don't mind being stuck with Brian for the rest of my life.. He thought, a slight smirk turning up the corners of his mouth.
     "Call me cheesy," Brian grinned, glancing in the rear view mirror once more. "But I don't know of anyone else that I'd rather fight a zombie apocalypse with. You guys are the best." At this, Zacky rolled his eyes, but he couldn't keep a wide grin from creeping across his lips. His roommate was just too adorable.
     "Oh, hold on, I'm getting a call." Zacky teased, slipping his phone out of his pocket. "Yeah, Brian, it's your manhood. It says it's never coming back." At this, the entire car erupted into laughter; even though they were practically fighting for their lives, they could still lighten the mood with a little bit of comedy.
     "Tell it good riddance, then!" The brown-eyed man cackled, sending the group into another fit of uproarious laughter. Even as the laughter died down, Zacky was still smiling; just like Brian had said, he didn't know of anyone else he'd rather face the end of the world with. Surprisingly enough, he was ready. He was ready to face whatever challenge this outbreak threw at him; and he was most certainly ready to fight this entire thing with Brian at his side.