.:Prologue:.

The hazel-eyed man screamed, mentally begging his legs to carry him faster, farther away from the hoard. There were so many of them... Groaning, snarling, blood-thirsty bodies. Reanimated corpses of what once were humans. His chest heaved with effort as he continued to sprint, tears clouding his fearful eyes.
     "B-Brian, wait!" He cried desperately. His best friend and love interest was yards in front of him, not even bothering to turn around as his name was called. "Bri, please wait!" Every word seemed to take more and more air from his already deprived lungs. No matter how fast he ran, he just couldn't seem to put any more distance between himself and the hoard of zombies that were chasing him.
     "Zacky, hurry up!" Brian called as he hopped over the tailgate and into the bed of a white pickup truck. Zacky tried to push his legs faster, but his ankle caught the wrong way on a branch that his brown-eyed friend had leaped over. "Zacky!" Brian cried as the truck sped away. He went to leap out of the bed of the moving vehicle, but a tattooed hand reached out and grabbed him by the collar of his shirt to stop him.
     "Brian!" The hazel-eyed man screamed, trying to get up from the ground. However, before he could reclaim his footing, Zacky was swarmed by the hoard of creatures. No more than a few seconds later, everything went black.