.:Chapter One:.

The hazel-eyed man sat straight up in his twin-sized bed, his heart pounding with fear from his most recently-had nightmare. I've had that same dream for weeks now... He thought, rubbing the sleep from his eyes as he climbed out of bed and headed for the bathroom. Leaving his room and entering the hallway, he could already smell coffee, and he knew that his roommate was awake. He trailed into the bathroom, flicking on the light switch and gazing at his own reflection. Hazel eyes that seemed almost gold near his pupils, voluptuous lips that were lined with two silver hoops, a patch of dark-brown hair under his mouth.. He was certainly an attractive looking man.
     He ran a comb through his raven-colored hair, sighing in frustration when part of it stuck straight back up. Deciding that there was nothing that could be done about his hair, he turned the sink on hot and began to wash his face. Once he was satisfied that his porcelain skin was clean, he patted it dry with a towel and then left the bathroom. The hazel-eyed main trailed into his kitchen, immediately taking in the sight of his gorgeous roommate, Brian Haner, Jr.
     Brian was tall, muscular, and super gorgeous. He had deep brown eyes, delicious looking heart-shaped lips, and a jawline so sharp, it could cut a diamond. His buff arms were covered in tattoos, and the left side of his button-nose was pierced with a single silver hoop. His feathery black hair was long enough that it laid smoothly across his broad shoulders, seeming to perfectly frame his angular face. To Zacky, Brian was absolute perfection.
     "Morning, Brian." The hazel-eyed male murmured sleepily, trudging over to the coffee maker to get his own cup of it. He stole a subtle glance at his roommate's bare chest, biting his tongue softly at the thought of what he could do to him...
     "Hey, Zee." Brian replied with a smile, his eyes discreetly looking over his roommate's body. He loved the way those gray sweatpants hugged his firm hips and ass... Of course, he would never tell Zacky about his true feelings; not only was he sure that Zacky was straight, he was afraid of losing his friendship if he told him. So, he kept quiet about his attraction. "How'd you sleep?" He asked, raising his brows.
     "Uh," Zacky laughed dryly as he sat down across from him. "Shitty. Do you remember that nightmare I had a while back?"
     "Yeah?"
     "I've been having it every night for the past couple of weeks... It's really freaky." The hazel-eyed man muttered, scratching his bicep nervously. He couldn't help but wonder why that dream in particular was reoccurring. The thing that scared him the most, though, wasn't the dream itself; it was the fact that most of his reoccurring dreams came true.
     "That's not good, Zee.." Brian's voice brought him back to Earth, seeming to calm his pounding heart. The hazel-eyed man cocked a brow in curiosity, silently urging Brian to go on. "Well, usually, dreams are your body's way of trying to tell you that something's wrong. Maybe you should make a doctor's appointment or something." He murmured softly, taking a sip of his coffee. Zacky nodded slowly, tracing his pointer finger around the rim of his mug, seeming to be lost in deep thought.
     "Yeah, I guess... I just hate doctors." Zacky sighed, not looking up at his roommate and best friend.
     "I could go with you, if you want some reassurance." The brown-eyed man suggested, shrugging his shoulders nonchalantly. The hazel-eyed man looked up finally, a smile crossing his lips as he nodded thankfully.
     "That would mean a lot to me, Brian... Thanks." He replied, looking over at the clock on the stove. The red blinking numbers displayed 7:42 am. Zacky sighed, knowing that both he and Brian would have to leave for work soon. The two men's jobs were polar opposites; Brian was a tattoo artist as well as a professional body piercer. Zacky, however, was a typical office-cubicle guy.
     "Well, I'm gonna go get dressed and then head to work. Text me if you need anything, alright?" Brian murmured as he stood up, letting out a groan as his tensed muscles were stretched and loosened. He patted his friend on the shoulder and then left the kitchen, coffee mug still gripped in his tattooed hand. The hazel-eyed man sighed, rubbing his eyes before he, too, left the kitchen and trailed to his bedroom. He began to change into his work clothes, smiling in delight as he heard Brian singing softly to himself in the other room, probably thinking Zacky couldn't hear him. What a great start to the day... Listening to the love of my life serenade me from the other side of the wall.

     Zacky walked into the office, swiping his badge so that he could clock in. It was 8:27 am, and he didn't have to clock in for three more minutes, but he had honestly never cared about being precisely on time. He went to go put his lunch box in the refrigerator that resided in the break room, hoping to buy himself a few more minutes before he actually had to go sit down and do work. As he was leaving the break room, something on the television caught his eye.
     "...And there's just been thousands of people getting sick here today, and it's unlike anything the CDC has ever seen. It's transferred by contact with someone who's ill, and it's been spreading along the entire western seaboard in a matter of days." His hazel eyes were wide with fear as he quickly left the break room, feeling his heart pound in his chest. Could it be..? No, no, that was a stupid thought. Zombies weren't real, and besides, Brian had said it could be because Zacky was getting sick that he was having that reoccurring dream. However, none of these logical thoughts stopped the hazel-eyed man from sending a frantic text to his roommate.
     >You alright?

It was only seconds before he received a reply.
     >Yeah, I'm good. Why you ask?
     >Just wondering. Ttyl. :)

Zacky sighed, slipping his phone back into his pocket and clearing his throat. That reassurance from Brian was all he needed to get on with his day. He wandered down the hallway to his cubicle, sitting down at his computer and turning it on. Though, no matter how much he tried to distract himself, he couldn't get rid of the nagging feeling that something was going to go very wrong in the next few days... He couldn't get rid of that feeling of dread deep in his stomach, no matter how hard he threw himself into his work. There was just something.. Something in the back of his mind that was telling him that something bad would happen..