7

Frisk

After making our way back through Waterfall and into Hotland Sans and Flowey had devolved into silence. They'd been bickering very quietly behind me because Flowey had decided to sit around Sans' arm. It was hot and I was sweating. Eventually I give up and sit down with my legs crossed. I hold my head in my hands.

"Hey kiddo you okay?" Sans asks, standing in front of me. No I wasn't. Its been ages since I've eaten. I was still exhausted. And I was getting cranky. She I'm hot or tired or hungry I get cranky. And I was all of the above. I Just sigh and nod.

"She's not. She's lying. Humans need food, right? How long has it been since you've eaten?" Flowey asks and plops on the ground in front of Sans. He plants himself and frowns up at me and pokes my arm. I use my pointer finger to lightly pet his petals. He shivers slightly at my touch and blushes.

"Three days..." I mutter, hoping they don't hear it. I w a s more than hungry. I was hungry to the point that I didn't even feel pain of it anymore. Sans and Flowey look astonished and Sans teleports away and comes back only moments later with four cinnabuns and a starfait and a steak shaped like Mettatons box form.

"Sans I don't need that much. It'll probably make me sick if I ate too much." I sigh and lay back and close my eyes. God my head was starting to hurt so bad. Sans takes a seat beside me.

"But you have to eat."

"Why? I'm gonna die anyways," I scoff. In this timeline there was no way I could make it past Asgore. He'd killed me too many times to count last time. Sans seems saddened by this. He knew. Flowey sighs and lays his small flower head on my arm. But to make them feel better I take a cinnabun and unwrap it. I take a big bite from it and they seem satisfied. Then it dawned on me.

I will have to fight Sans. I feel tears fill my eyes and have to shut them to keep anyone from knowing. I had to avoid emotions. I have to keep myself cold to make it through here. Could I fight Sans? There's no way he's gonna let me past. I finish off the cinnabun and sit up. Sans and Flowey are immediately ready for anything. I stand and start walking toward Alphys's lab. I wonder what she was like in this time line? Probably bat shit crazy just lime everyone else. Walk into her lab like I own the place.

"O-o-Oh hello, F-Frisk." I hear Alphys from the other side of her lab. Her voice was ridged and pitched. All the lights were off and I was set on edge instantly and I felt Sans' breath on the back of my neck. It sent chills down my spine and reminded me of what the original him and I we're doing before it all went to hell. I bite my lip at the images in my mind.

"Be careful," Sans whispers close to me. I feel him standing right behind me and I want to lean back into him so bad. Would he still be able to feel the same? Would anyone feel the same? Is there a way to make them see humanity isn't terrible?

"Alphys... uh you in here?" I ask taking cautious steps forward. Sans stays directly behind me the entire time.

"I don't think this is a good idea. Why are we here? Aren't you supposed to be getting youor human friend?" Flowey whispers, his voice shaking.

"Me either," I mutter. The lights are suddenly turned on and I see Paps and King Asgore and Undyne. Oh fuck. I take a step back and bump into Sans. He grunts and places his hands on my waist to steady me. Why? Why does all of this have to happen?

"Human you have been slippery to catch. I hope Sans brought you here. I would hate to have to kill him too." Cold seeps through my soul and I take shakey breath.

"Take me over to them, I'll pretend like I don't want to go." I whisper to Sans. I can feel him stiffen and know he's about to protest. "Just do it please, I can't stand to be the death of another friend. Especially someone I l-" I stop myself and look down. "Just take me to them, Sans." I demand. He sughs and grabs my arm, yanking me harshly toward them. His face was stern and void of emotion. I gasp in pain to make sure it was believeable. He throws me down in front of Asgore and stands as still as he can. I could hear Flowey whimpering. He was scared and I couldn't blame him, he was losing another friend. But they we're gonna be free, right? I mean humanity was going to die but there's not many good people left here probably.

"Human, what did you do when you came here?" Asgore asks, taking me by surprise. "Our first human came back from the dead. Their soul is no longer in our count. We have to wait longer for another one of you useless scum to fall down here!" Asgore roars angrily. I brought her back from the dead by coming here?

"Couldn't you just kill her again?" I ask as if he were stupid. I mean, come on, it wasn't that hard to figure out. Asgore was t the brightest in my time lines but damn.

"We tried. She doesn't die. Her soul stays in her body and she comes back moment later. I think it has something to do with you and your magic. Humans shouldn't have magic or be able to escape us so many times but you do. What are you really?" Asgore demands. Tears come to my eyes. So many resets, so much hard work, all gone to waist.

"I'm a failure. I'm useless. I have power and I can't do shit. I fixed everything and now all I've done is gone, ruined. So many resets and so many timelines. I finally saved everyone, everybody was happy. Everyone had a chance. Now it's all gone. I understand now whatsans was telling me when Chara took my body and killed everyone. He'd said that it didn't matter anymore. He said what's the point when it's all gonna be reset? And when I'd save everyone and have to fight Flowey, Asriel, he'd say, 'Just give up already, I did.' I know why he did. It was never me making the choice to reset. When I'd reset I'd have no reason, no knowledge of why. Something else was using me to do it and this time they must have gotten tired of me and reset without me. I was never in control, neither was Chara or Sans or even Gaster. I've given up. I've finally given up. Kill me. Just do it. Maybe if I die and stay dead everything will fix itself." I ramble. I didn't even know what I was saying. I didn't believe any of this did I? Had I really given up? Maybe...but did I really still want to die? Well, no... I didn't, I never really did. I hear Asgore raise his Trident above my head and Sans stiffens and looks away, Flowey makes a small cry of dispare. I wait for the pain and horror of the Trident to wash upon me.

But it doesn't.

It was very quiet.

And...cold?

Was I dead?

I open my eyes to only darkness. Had I died? Did he kill me with magic? Or did I die so fast I didn't feel the attack?

"Frisk." Gasters voice echos. I'm immediately on my feet and looking around. I find him standing behind me. Anger boils.

"This is your fault isn't it!?" I yell.

"Yes... but hear me out. I have a story for you okay? Something to ease your hatred of me. When I died I was strewn across the time lines, yes, but also across different dimensions. And when I was able to I'd form in a dimension and do some experiments...Sans and Papyrus came from these and many others. But so did you."

In it's a short chapter. But well I've been kinda writing a new story and that's been in my mind. Cx also I'm kinda not sure what I'm doing with this one, I kinda normally plan what to do but for this one i kinda decided to wing it. If you have any ideas on what to do with it tell me! Id love the help!
Friskipoo