"What." I fumble, my stomach full of butterflies.

"Beau..." He stops abruptly and starts looking here and there, slightly flustered.

Without saying anything, I just get into the car. He follows after a moment and we leave.

What the hell? I want to hate Manik. I really do. But then, he goes around looking at me like that and I feel all weird and dazed. I have never had these feelings before. I don't understand them. He was going to call you beautiful. But he stopped midway....

I look up to see Manik staring at me in the mirror. He quickly looks away and I can't stop myself from smiling at this. You still like him.

But I know I have to get over whatever I feel for him. He was a dick to me and I can't forgive him.

We arrive at The Taj Mahal to see the parking space jammed with all sorts of high end cars. I take a deep breath and get down, bracing myself for another painfully irritating event.

We are led to the banquet hall which is full of people talking and smiling, wine glasses floating around. Nyonika and Singhania are right at the centre, talking to a large group of people. I quickly go over to exchange pleasantries, just to show people I turned up. They all compliment my look and smile like I am their favourite person in the world. Yeah, right. Hypocrites!

Manik has been following me around quietly. He doesn't look too happy. In fact, he looks pissed off. He is looking around the hall with a scowl on his face.

"Why are you so angry?" The words flow out of my mouth before I can stop them. We are seated at a table in the corner with some drinks.

"Nothing." He says through gritted teeth. His eyes look wild.

"Just spit it out." I press.

"Why do you want to know?" He looks straight into my eyes.

"Fine. Don't tell me." I snap and turn my head in another direction. A lot of people seem to be staring at the two of us.

"I'll refill your drink." He says and walks over to the bar.

"Oh my god! Who is that guy?" I hear a girl squeal behind me.

"He is so hot, man! I just want to rip that shirt off him and see what's underneath." Another girl giggles, eyeing Manik as if he is some juicy candy. And I want to rip your head off!

"What is he doing with Nandini Murthy? Do you think they are dating?"

"I've heard she doesn't date."

I turn around and glare at the girls. Their cheeks turn red when they see me and they quickly scutter away.

"Hey, beautiful!" A guy comes and sits down opposite to me. I have seen him at several parties but don't know his name. His eyes move to my chest, then quickly back to my face. Bloody pervert.

"What?" I snap at him.

"Oh, come on! Don't be like that, Nandini. Why don't you dance with me." He says and grabs my hand.

"Let go of my hand." I glare at him.

"I know you are just playing hard to get. And I am not giving up." He says maliciously and tries to pull me up. Just then, Manik returns and pulls the guy's hand off mine.

"If you want to remain standing on your feet, back off." He spits at him. If looks could kill, this guy would be dead right now. Relief courses through me as soon as I see Manik.

"Easy there, man. I didn't know she had a boyfriend." He says meekly, looking up. Manik is at least five inches above him. Mr. Pervert looks scared.