CBTBB - Chapter 27 - Taylor

When I wake up with Greg spooned to my side, is the best feeling in the world. My fingertips trace softly over his face, making him huff under his breath and turn his face away from me. He peeks at me from under his lashes as I chuckle lightly. Groaning he turns over to his other side, burrowing his face into the pillow. I give him a gentle push, knowing his lower back and ass must be killing him. "Wake up sleepy head, I will go and get you some breakfast." He glares at me as I jump out of bed; grab a pair of boxers and a pair of shorts.

I smile at his grumble as I leave my room. Humming under my breath I make my way into the kitchen and stall once I take in the grave faces that surround the kitchen table. Gordo and Meredith are there, joined by an angry looking Zach and an indifferent looking Tiago. "Good morning?" I hesitantly say, unsure whether I should turn and leave or face this thing head on.

"Where is he?!" Zach angrily demands, looking ready to explode. Not even Tiago's touch could sooth him as he places a hand on his twitching arm. "If I find out you hurt him pretty boy," Zach comes threateningly close, not that I can't hold my own in a fight but I rather not fight with Zach. "There will be Hell to pay and nobody will find your body." I blink owlishly, feeling slightly unnerved.

"Upstairs in bed... cause my matrass is criminally soft?" I manage to utter after swallowing several times. Zach narrows his eyes before he bounds up the stairs.  I am left standing there with my mouth gaping, watching Zach's disappearing form.

"Don't worry too much Tay, Nance told us that Greg was sleeping over and she might have said a few things that she shouldn't." I come back to the situation at hand by Tiago's lilting voice. Is everybody now going to call me Tay? I wonder as I take a seat across from Tiago. I don't mind Greg calling me that but if everybody starts calling me that, I have to object! "My guess is that you a making Greg breakfast in bed?" I blush as Tiago raises a brow no doubt at my hickey and nail marked naked chest. "I will help you."

That is how I find myself standing shoulder to shoulder with Tiago in our kitchen in front of the stove. And to be honest, I am quite surprised by how well it is going. Just like my nanna in Italy, Tiago adds a bit of this a pinch of that to his Mexican omelettes. Apparently they are Greg's favourite breakfast food, note to self, ask Tiago for the recipe. He smirks at me as he glances at me out of the corner of his eye. As if he knows what I am thinking he hands me a folded yellow note as he puts the latest omelette on the plate. "Off you go." He places the steaming tray in my hands before I can even open the note or put it in my pocket. He motions with his hand to the stairs, and I carefully make my way upstairs.

I hesitantly open my bedroom door, not only because of the tray in my hands but also for the anger of Zach. So I was astonished to find both Zach and Greg fast asleep on and in bed. Cringing as the floor creaks as I step forward, I notice Zach look at me from under his lashes. "Peace offering?" I manage to tiptoe around my bed and put the tray on the nightstand.

"Yeah, something like that." I whisper looking fondly at Greg sleeping soundly.

"Don't bother him queirdo; let's go home now you have seen that Greg is fine." Tiago put his hands on his hips, glaring lightly at Zach. "We have more things to do than laze around on the boy's bed." Zach actually looks a little guilty as he sits up, stretching before getting up.

"Your bed is criminally soft." Zach admits as he joins Tiago on my room's threshold. "But that doesn't mean you're off the hook. I will keep a close eye on you." He and Tiago both turn and leave. I shake my head slightly, letting out a deep breath.

"They really did that didn't they?" My head snaps to the side as I hear Greg's rough sleep filled voice. He was still curled up beneath the sheets, having a case of bad hair do. I feel a smile curl the corners of my mouth as I flop down next to him.