CBTBB - Chapter 3 - Gregory

Pic of Taylor texting Greg

Surprisingly we got quite a lot done, so Taylor can be serious if he wants to. I was very suspicious about mom and dad; they didn't make a big fuss like I expected them to. When we took a small break when dad called us down for a little snack, they were invited to stay for dinner, something that never happened since grandma and grandpa were coming over. Taylor smiled a little uncomfortable, but he accepted none the less. Mom snorted as he entered the kitchen with Lo and Sylvester in tow. "Papi! Papi! I want a burrito!" Lo shouted as he took his seat at the kitchen table. Dad rolled his eyes "No hombrecito, not today. You will ruin your dinner; Grandma and grandpa are coming today."

Lo pouted and turned to mom, "Mommy? Please?" Mom flinched but put his foot down. "No Logan, remember last time you ate a burrito before dinner? You couldn't finish your dinner and fell asleep and missed grandma and grandpa leaving." Lo looked a little sad, "But," mom said putting a hand on his head, "I am sure dad will give something else to nibble on." Lo looked hopeful at dad, who sighed and rolled his eyes as he opened the pantry taking out ingredients for Grilled Chicken Quesadillas. Lo clapped his hands "Yay!" He turned to Sylvester "Do you want some too? Dad makes the best Chicken Quesadillas in the world!" He looked unsure at Taylor who nodded his head. "Y-yes please." Mom lifted him and hugged him to his chest, making the poor boy squeak in fright "Aww, aren't you the cutest!" Lo huffed, not happy at not being the cutest kid anymore.

"So Taylor," Mom started not too unsuspicious and I groaned as he casually leaned against the kitchen counter. "What do you like to do in your free time?" Dad picked up on what mom was intending to do "Querido" It sounded very ominous, as he put down the knife he used to chop the union. "What? I can't ask him a simple question like that?" Lo narrowed his eyes "You sounded very suspicious mami." Mom's eyes widened, before narrowing dangerously "Fine, whatever I am out." and stormed out. "I think mom was being genuinely interested dad. You should go and talk to him, I will finish the Quesadillas." I say as I leave my spot at the kitchen table and pick up the knife. Dad looks at me once before leaving the kitchen, walking to our own basketball court in the back yard.

"Is that normal behaviour for your parents?" Taylor asks as I heat the grill and wait for it to heat up. "They were a little worried about you being my project partner." He cocks an eyebrow "The reason being the fact your parents were with the mob." I say and step back after putting the seasoned chicken on the sizzling grill. "I think it brought back dad's unpleasant memories." I could hear the murmurings of mom and dad's voices outside. "Why is that?" Taylor rightfully sounded angry. "Dad grew up in a Blood gang until he was seventeen and grandpa took him in after his family was killed."(I OWN "THE"JOCK for more info) "Your dad was in a gang? And your grandpa took him in?" He sounded sceptical; I nodded my head never the less. "Yeah, grandpa was his biological father and took him in." I remove the chicken from the grill and started cutting it in smaller pieces. I dry my hands after cutting the chicken and place several tortilla's on the grill, sprinkled them chicken pieces, cheese, union, olives and chillies.

"Are you saying what I think you are?" Taylor sounded a little dubious. I topped the tortilla's with another and grill until all are crispy on both sides. "Lo, call Nance and say the Quesadilla's are done." He grins and runs up the stairs "Nance! Snack time!" I hear her grumble. "If you mean that grandpa is the biological parent to both Zach and Tiago then you're right. Grandpa is the father of the both of them." I deadpan as I cut the tortilla's in smaller pieces and put them on several plates. Opening the fridge, I take out the sour cream dad made several days ago and put it on the table.

Mom was his joyful self once again, much to my relief. Nance was glaring at Taylor the whole time through the snack, which was until he caught her and grinned making her blush and look away. We finished and returned back to my room to just hang out until dinner was finished; we had completed a majority of our homework anyway. "Is this what you do when you complete your homework?" I was surprised that Taylor wanted to make small talk. "No, not really. I usually play with Lo or read, watch TV or sleep." I don't know why I told him that, I frown as I hear dad call that dinner is ready. Arriving at the dinner table I notice that grandma and grandpa are missing. "Where are grandma and grandpa?" I ask mom as he walked by holding a huge pot in his hands. He huffs a little as he puts it on the table, "Apparently grandma decided that they should try out that new place in town today and forgot to tell dad about it. So it's all good I guess that Taylor and Sylvester are staying for dinner." He turns to us, "Go wash your hands and bring out the rest." He walks into the living room and I hear him speak to Lo and Sylvester. Turning on my heel I march into the kitchen to wash my hands. Closing the tap and drying my hands I lift another big pan from the stove and walk to the dinner table.