CBTBB - Chapter 10 - Gregory

Everybody knew that the principle was a wuss. So it wasn't a big surprise to find that Niall was still at school and still allowed to play in the on-coming game. I shake my head at the message it sends to the students. It drove home what mom had said back then, that jocks will get away with anything without any consequences. While any other student would have to suffer the consequences of their actions. However, Nance's destroyed stuff was replaced with new ones the next week, which was the only good thing that came out of this. That and the fact that somehow everybody knew that Nance had somehow managed to gain Taylor's protection. This meant nobody messed with her.

I look around the cafeteria nervously; I haven't seen or heard anything from Nance all day. "What is Greg?" I don't need to look around to know Taylor was the one that spoke. I was about to speak up when the double doors opened and Nance walked in, fiddling nervously with her bag strap as she lined up in the queue. Much to my surprise Rafael got up and waved her over. "Come sit over here Tesoro." The unfamiliar endearment had me looking at Taylor in question. He just shrugged and smiled warmly as Nance hesitantly took a seat beside Rafael. Much to Veronica's chagrin.

"Really Greg" Taylor tried to reassure me that Rafael was harmless. I snorted, there is no way Rafael DiNozzo was harmless. In fact he had left a trail of broken hearts all the way from kindergarten till now. So there is no way Rafael is harmless. To make matters worse, I know that Nance has a crush on Rafael. I rolled my eyes as Taylor gave me his version of the puppy eyes. I pushed him lightly, making him smile brightly at me since he knew he was in the clear. The funny thing was my heart skipped a beat whenever he smiled like that.

I grumbled under my breath about idiotic guys. Taylor laughed as he leaned back against my hands as I kept pushing him; he was being a slowpoke today. He pouted before smiling turning to face me. "You know you love me." My eyes widened as I felt heat creep up from my neck to the top of my head. The most embarrassing thing of all was that Taylor - Bad Boy Taylor Thompson cooed at me. Freaking cooed at me, like I was some little kid. He even cupped my cheeks and rubbed his nose with mine. I was saved from more embarrassment by Joel, my teammate calling it was time for practice. With one last rub Taylor let me go and made a shooing motion.

"I will wait for you to finish practice. Rafael is in detention once again, and we were carpooling today." Nodding at him once I grabbed my bag and rushed after Joel. Our first game of the season was coming up and I needed to work on my serve. And today was serve day, so as we dashed through the school towards the gym I ignored Joel's questioning face in favour of being on time. As usual, training was bone breaking hard, but in the end I had improved my serve and I was dead tired. "I believe coach is possessed by the devil." Joel groaned tiredly as we dragged our sore bodies from the gym to the car park. I chuckled a little "Don't let him hear that. He will somehow make training even more intense." Joel's eyes widened comically before looking around to make sure the coach didn't hear him. With one last salute Joel took off to his car and with a honk he was off.

I was dumping my stuff in the back of my car when two hands gripped my shoulders and started massaging them. Groaning at the relief that flooded my body, I melted into the kneading hands. "You should really consider becoming a masseur." Taylor chuckled as he pressed a little harder at a very stubborn tense bundle, it refused to budge no matter how hard he pressed and coaxed the muscle. A good thing too, if he managed it, I would have been a puddle on the floor. I stiffened when I felt his lips brush against the shell of my ear "I really don't want to leave you like this but Rafa really needs to go home."

I watched him wink at me before hopping in his car. Rafael looked a little worse for wear but that's what detention does to you. Or so I have heard. "Can we go now Greg?" My eyes snap to the side, seeing Nance stand there wiggling on her feet. Ever since the locker joke incident she has been going to school with the bus, saying she didn't want to bother anyone. I scoffed at that and said she could come with me if she paid for gas every now and again. Her friends were worried about her; I was approached by them several times during this week with questions about her. I told them she just needed some time to work through it. I wasn't really surprised she didn't tell them her parents had an alcohol problem. That was a tale she guarded like mad. She didn't want anyone to know about how or why she ended up with mom and dad.