Liar

I spent that whole afternoon being lectured by Lucy and Liz. Or as I now call them the double L's. I didn't see the point. He looked harmless. And he's always so sweet to me so what's wrong with exchanging a couple of sentences and glances.

The lecture started as soon as we walked out of math. During the whole class, Lucy looked like a ticking time bomb. She ripped all the notes Keegan tried to pass to me and it's not like Keegan stopped. No. He kept passing the notes and Lucy kept ripping them. Half the time he did it to annoy her. The other half was to try and reach out to me.

I had to pretend to avoid him and his glances but obviously it wasn't enough to avoid a lecture from the double L's.

When the bell rang we packed our things and I could feel heat radiating behind me. When I turned there he was. His blue eyes so close to me, and his pink lips just a couple of inches above me. If I could just-

"Don't you dare Bellisario!" My eyes widen and I turned to face an aggravated Lucy. Keegan's hands touched my waist and he pulls me close to him. "She can if she wants to"

I could feel how fast his heart was beating against my back. Too fast. And my heart starts to beat in a smiler rhythm. Lucy tears me away from him and we start to walk out the classroom.

That's when Lucy started her rant. And when Liz caught up to us, they got louder.

Lunch was a never ending head ache. Liz and Lucy dragged me to the very back of the library where we sat on the carpet and ate. The double L's had more freedom to shout at me since the librarian wasn't in today. I just rolled my eyes and sucked the pomegranate juice out of the juice box in my hand.

"Okay that's it. What the hell is up with you two. Liz your boyfriend has tattoos and piercings, you keep him from mom and dad cuz
you know they won't approve. Why can't I have Keegan who is tattoo free and an ex military student as my secret boyfriend."

"First of all, Seth is my man not my boyfriend" me and Lucy roll our eyes. Liz has mentioned six billion times that Seth is not her boyfriend. Apparently being called a boyfriend is childish and the two of them are grown ups, so we were often told to refer to him as her man.

"And second of all Troy, Keegan isn't a good guy. I'm not telling you this to make him look bad but rather to change your mind about having any kind of relationship with him. The reason Keegan was sent to military school in the first place was because he vandalized a convenience store. The store was left so dishevelled that it had to be rebuilt from ground up. His parents spent hundred and thousands of dollars to repair the store.

Apparently he had horrible anger issues that could only be dealt with aggressively. He was only 14 when he did that. It's been 4 years."

"That's actually not so bad. I thought you were gonna say he was a murderer. And like you said, it's been 4 years. He's probably changed" Lucy and Liz groaned and threw the books they were reading at me. "Okay okay okay fine." I say laughing and then letting out a deep breath.

I slowly reach into my skirt pocket squeezing the paper that sat inside.

"I'll stay away from Allen."

Liar.