Day Three

Your POV

Its already day three.. And I need to move that scale farther down! What if- what if I just ignore him today? It's not like I want to.. But I have too. The third test was surprisingly easy.. Probably because I imagined killing Ann and not Jeff. Oh man I don't know what to do!

"(Y/N)?" I heard my voice being called and looked up.
"Sally?" I saw the little 10 year old standing in front of my door.
"I'm sorry.." She whispers, clutching her teddy bear.
"What's wrong sweetie?" I walk over to the door.
"I don't want you to be separated by your true love- but Slender is making me! I can't believe we can even get sick from love.. And I always dreamed of getting married, living in a castle and being happy.. Look what happened.. I guess some people really aren't born to love." She was now running and crying in my arms. I carried her over to the sofa.
"Sweet heart, everyone is meant to find love. Everyone can find love. All you have to do is look for the right person, the one who will be with you thick and thin. Someone who will love you, for you. And don't worry baby girl, It's not your fault Jeff is sick. It's just he can't love someone. It's a cruel curse, but I have to deal with it. I'd rather have him alive and hate me, then for him not to be alive at all." Slowly, my eyes start to water too.
"Love is weird.." She whispered.
"It sure is Sally. It sure is.." I say, hugging her tighter.
"Maybe in a parallel universe you and Jeff get married and have 30 babies." She said trying to cheer me up.
"Hah.. Maybe, Sweetie. Maybe.."
Somehow talking to Sally, made me feel a little better. Sometimes you have to make sacrifices for the people you love, even if it hurts you.

-

Jeffs POV

Ever since I found out why (Y/N) was trying to make the love scale go further down- my friendship for her keeps growing. But so does my sickness. By Day 3 I couldn't even get of bed.

"Lay down, Jeff." Nina said. She brought me some soup, to help me feel better.
"Damn it Nina.. I need- to save her-" I groan. My eyes were puffy, my nose was stuffy, my chest hurt- but I need to save my best friend.
"Jeff, we know you love her-"
"I do not!" I cough. Suddenly I felt even worse.
"Dude, look at you! You keep denying it but you're only getting worse!" BEN says walking in with Kate The Chaser and Masky. I roll my eyes. I do not love (Y/N). I'm unable to feel love. How could someone love me? A killer? A monster?
"I heard Slenderman talking to Ann. Us Proxy's hear everything." Kate said sitting on the bed.
"Oh yeah-?" I sniffed. "And what did you and the others hear?"
"Well, I'm not his favorite Proxy- Kate's been with him since the beginning- so she's the one who heard him." Masky says leaning next to BEN.
"Well what did he say?!" I say, voice cracking. It was quiet.
"Jeff- I could be killed for saying this-" I cut her off.

"I don't care if you die, Kate! Just tell what you heard!" I screamed at her.
"Fine you little piece of shit! Slender and Ann want to kill (Y/N)!" She yelled back, exiting the room and slamming the door.
I didn't say anything. My body was shaking- My world sinking.
"I'll go get Kate.. She seems a little pissed.." Masky said, leaving.
"No.. He- he can't do this- SHES INNOCENT!" I jump off the bed with the little strength I have, and walk to the door- but my sides kept hurting.. And I was in the floor.
"Jeff-!" I hear Nina cry. I could taste blood in my mouth- why me? Why (Y/N)? Imagine if I never met Randy.. Never met Keith or Troy.. How different my life would've been.

-
Your POV

After Nina kicked me out, I was spending time with Jane.
"Sorry for all the times I punched you.." I say awkwardly.
"Nah- it's cool. Although my mask did crack." She laughs a bit.
"Heh.. Why do you wear a mask?" I know it was probably rude to ask, but curiosity grew over me. Now that I think about it- I haven't heard Jane's story.
"You can thank Jeff.." She mumbled, sounding annoyed. We were sitting together over a cliff, looking over the blood-colored ocean.
"I could feel the tension you two have. Did you guys.. Know each other? Before the.. Incident?" I ask.
She didn't say anything for a couple of minutes.
"Yeah.. You could say that."
"You can tell me." I whisper.
She looked over to me.
"You're so human. Why are you here? With us monsters?" She asks, I could see her tearing up.
"Jane, you're human too.." I grab her hand. She looks at me for a second and nods, as if she's ready to tell me her story.