1. I Couldn't Contain Myself.

It's finally Friday. A day where after school I can sink into my mattress without having to open my backpack and rummage for that nights homework.

But what am I doing instead of my Friday ritual? Well, i'm sitting on the edge of my own bed watching my bestfriend clear out my closet in attempt to find me an outfit for a party.

"I told you I didn't want to go, and clearly my closet agrees with my choice too if it's not letting you find me a decent party outfit." I shrug, frowning that even after 20 minutes of searching she still doesn't want to give up.

"Please, please, please?" She drags the 'please', pouting her lip out once she's done with the word.

"Does this party involve Brandon, attending?" I raise my eyebrow in curiosity.

She looks up at the ceiling, looking back down at me and giving me a shy smile, "He does so happen to be attending..."

"I knew it! Kenny, hell no."

"Why the frick not?!" She whines, crossing her arms over her chest and stomping her left foot on the ground.

"Because! You're going to leave me for him like you did when my brother threw a party!" I point my index finger at her, "You always do it so don't you dare deny my statement!"

At this point, we're both yelling at each other. Not one of us being able to understand one-another since how much words fly out our mouths at the same time.

"I said no."

"Please, Miya!"

"Nope." I shake my head.

"Please." She drags the damn word yet again and I continue with the shake of my head, no.

"No way, Ken."

She then starts consistently saying that annoying word, 'please'. I cover my ears with my palms trying to block her out.

"Please, please, please, please, please, plea-," I fling a pillow at her face which shuts her up and she gasps.

"Fine! I'll go! Just shut up and find me a damn outfit." I throw my hands up in defeat and let out a sigh as I fall back into my comfy bed.

"Thank you!" She squeals, "I'm gonna find you the best outfit ever."

"You fucking better."

This is not how I wanted to spend my Friday night.

•••

I stare at myself in my full body length mirror. Okay, I guess Kenny did something with picking my outfit out. I can be mad at her for being annoying with dragging me into going to this party tonight, but I can't be mad at her for making me look amazing.

Here's the thing between Kendra and I. I don't dress up much. I rather prefer leggings and a graphic tee while Kenny is obsessed with making herself look good. She jumps on every possible clothing trend that catches her eye. She's in her phase of getting clothing inspiration from Cher in the movie Clueless, and my bestfriend rocks it. Makeup wise? That's all her too. A full face but the type of full face where it doesn't even look like a lot. While me? I fill in my eyebrows, conceal, lipgloss and apply a decent coat of mascara to my naturally long lashes.