Chapter 6- It's Still There (Unedited)

"You are to stop Alec's plans," Allene spoke firmly as I stood in front of her.

"Which are?" I blinked, watching her pace.

"He's threatened to take out innocent people in South Africa," Allene stated simply.

"I thought we're supposed to be focused on taking out the Ghosts," I heard my own harsh words.

I'd changed over the past three months. Everything in my mind that had once been gentle and well was now hardened and evil. I had no remorse, no relent. Allene seemed pleased with me and that was all I cared about.

"We are," Allene nodded. "But we're also the ones who can stop Alec. The last thing we need is the world involved with our business. Besides, even I won't allow innocent to die."

"I see," I dipped my head.

"You will receive help from two others," Allene made two of her soldiers appear.

They held weapons and were heavily armored. I shivered when looking into their shallow yellow eyes. Whatever the soldiers were, they weren't human- possibly created by Allene's powers.

"Go now," Allene waved me off. "I'll be helping you from here."

I dipped my head and then turned, with the soldiers on my sides, to leave. South Africa wasn't close, but it wouldn't take me long to get there with Allene's teleporting devices. The mortal world almost seemed imaginary, I didn't miss being mortal.

"Alec's creatures have taken over a small village to the very Southeast," Allene came into my head when my feet landed onto soft grass in South Africa. "I will warn you that defeating them won't be easy."

"I don't care," I replied back. "Nothing will stop me from my goals."

~~~

Logan's POV:

The truck bounced uncomfortably as Merrick drove along the dirt trail. Next to me, Hesh glanced past Riley and dipped his head, green eyes the only thing standing out from his mask. I turned my head to the window and narrowed my blue eyes, my hand tightening around the weapon I held. Riley panted and looked around curiously as we rode along.

"The village should be right up ahead," Kick was moving something around the screen he held. "There aren't normal humans there Merrick."

"There will be many others," Merrick seemed to promise. "Alec doesn't favor leading Rorke's Federation, but will still use them, so we must target them first. Logan," he glanced to me in the cheap mirror of the truck, "your powers must be used."

I'd tried to avoid using my powers ever since Hailey left. I wanted my life to be as normal as possible. Merrick couldn't seem to stop pressuring me to use them and it was starting to get on my nerves. Did he not want me to forget about them or something?

"We're close," Hesh changed the subject, noting with his eyes the small ruins of the outskirts of the village.

"We'll walk from here," Merrick stopped. "They'll hear us."

"I wish we still had sniper support," Kick almost pouted.

I froze in my spot. He reminded me of not only Hailey, but Keegan. He'd been the true sniper on our team. Every mission before Hailey Keegan would look out for us with his sniper. He was more than a good shot....he never missed- never.

Merrick put his hand on Kick's shoulder and squeezed it carefully. "We do, just not like how it used to be."

Kick nodded and opened his door to get out.