Postscript

~Floyd Lawton aka Deadshot~

"And then... I felt her kiss back."  Finished Slade as he took a hard sip of whiskey.
"I was right about the story," I took a sip of my vodka, "really did need a drink. Slade, I'm sorry--."
"Save it, Lawton. Life has a strange way of changing things. Maybe in another life...this never happened."
"Well, it's my job," I placed my left arm around his shoulders, "and duty as your brother," Slade rolled his eye which made me chuckle, "to get you over the broad. Now let's see," I began to scan the room for potential candidates. A girl with a unique hair color caught my eye.

"Hey, Blue!" I screamed to the other side of the bar as the girl with blue hair points at herself. I shook my head up and down and signaled her over.

"Here she comes, big guy." I said to Slade as I ordered a round of drinks.
"Lawton, if you don't shoo her away you're as good as blind..." Slade's threat fell on dead ears as the blue hair girl stopped in front of me.

"Hey gorgeous...The name's... Matchi. My good looking friend here, " I gave Slade his drink and gave him a push to the shoulder to get his attention. But his back stayed turn. "Like I was saying, my good looking friend here is called...er...Royal! Heh, ain't that the truth..." I once again playfully pushed his shoulder. "Royal pain in the ass, this one is.  Listen here, Blue. Is it okay if I call you Blue?"

She opened her mouth to respond but I took a drink of my vodka and raised my hand to stop her.

"Let's stick to Blue. So, Blue, Royal here," I pat Slade on the back. "Just got his heart broken. And there ain't no best remedy to a broken heart," I gave her a cup filled with wine, "than another women's affection. So whatcha say, Blue? Wanna help a poor, heart broken, man out?"

"Sorry," She took a sip of wine, "I only date redheads."

I snatched the drink from her hand. "And he only dates blondes. Get the hell out of here and next time, dye your roots!" Blue gasped as she raised her hand and gave me a hard slap.

"I'll have you know," I scoffed as I rolled my eyes, "this is my natural hair color, asshole!" Blue turned on her heels and stormed out of the bar.  I turned back to Slade.

"Well that--," I began but Slade interrupted me.
"Didn't go as planned?"
"Are you kidding me?" I chuckled, "That went exactly as planned. When a girl hits you, everyone sees and then there's always that one girl, who feels obligated to check on everything."

"Is everything okay?" Said a random girl behind me. I couldn't help the smile I gave Slade as he rolled his eyes. I gave a fake cough as I turned around to a girl with black hair and red tips. Around her wrist was a tattoo of a golden bracelet.

"Yeah, I just told that girl she was pretty and she called me a creep and slapped me across the face." I pouted as I quickly turned to Slade and winked.
"The name's Seth," I shook her hand and gave her the drink that was Blue's. "And this is," I once again placed my arm around Slade's shoulders. "This is...uh..Hayden! He's my brother.  And he just got his poor, delicate heart broke." I bit my lip so I wouldn't laugh as I gave a fake pout. "I know, hard to believe. But under this hard exterior is a big ol'teddy bear. And this teddy bear needs a hug."

"I'd like to help," she gave me the drink, "but he isn't my other half."

"Are you kidding me?" I said dryly as she gave a weak smile and walk to the bathroom.

"Fucking A--" I cursed as I turned to Slade who gave me an odd look.
"Answer me something, Lawton." Slade took the drink away from me which had me sigh in annoyance. "Do you honestly think a girl will make me forget Harleen that easy?" 
"I guess not..."
"It won't. Just like you trying to forget June. You'll try to get your mind off it. But once you're only with her, you'll realize you can't bring yourself to do it. Cause nothing can distract you from you really want."