Chapter 28: Welcome

Start from the beginning

Meanwhile, the males listened closely to the explanation in agonising bother. The thought of (Y/n) possessing such feeling towards another person seemed almost too nightmarish and obscene to be true. But the evidence for these statements seemed to stack up on the opposing front.

(Y/n) walked out of the bathroom, with clear signs that she had splashed water on her face. Though she looked more composed and collected, there was a certain aura around her that seemed to be glowing through. "Sorry, I-I was just tired." She attempted to make a pathetic excuse that was far from the truth, but even she didn't seem convinced by the fluke. "S-so...when can I see him?" She hopefully turned her shining gaze towards the two girls.

Lala and Saki looked at each other with playful mischief and turned back towards the female, "You'll probably see him at lunch time. Are you alright now?"

(Y/n)'s face lit up and with a flourish of confidence, she picked her bag and headed towards the door, "Then let's go. I want to get as much time with maths, that I can."

When (Y/n) was in her favourite lesson, she could barely concentrate over her work and could only focus on the upcoming reunion. While the tomboy female took a quick catnap beside her, the (h/c) haired girl continued to daydream and build up her hype. Meanwhile, the two males continued to forcefully push the tips of their pens down on their books, almost making a few tears into the paper. Even their breathing seemed more begrudging and laboured, with every intake of oxygen meaning to poise their overstrung nerves. Seeing (Y/n) being in such high spirits because of the mention of her childhood friend was only adding on to their headaches.

Ryo nudged his friend on the arm, "So what are we gonna do about this, 'Kenzan' guy?" Bako seemed thoughtful for a second but just shrugged after a while.

"We can't do anything, I don't like it but what happens, happens." Despite his words, Bako still couldn't convince himself whether this would be the case. There was no real way he could change the girl's blatant feelings towards the newcomer.

"Dude!" The murine eyed boy was snapped out of his spiteful thoughts by his partner to notice the large, vertical rip he had caused in his book. "Yea, I can see how much you're contempt with this whole thing." Ryo sarcastically told his friend and slumped back down on his desk.

Bako fell silent but continued to watch the distracted female, across from him.

Time Skip

"Her next lesson is with you, right? Then try and do something." The blond left his friend with that simple command and walked away to his own, separate lesson but Bako couldn't understand what his job was and what to say to the female.

Even when the two students were sitting together during science, (Y/n) continued to go through oneirism, as she smiled and rocked her body with sheer enjoyment. Bako glared at each one of her little affectionate gestures or actions that wouldn't normally be shown. "Why are you even so excited about this guy? I know he's your friend but still..." He irritatedly began noting down information from the board and disappointedly lean against his hand.

"I-I'm not excited...well I am, but I just want to meet up with a longtime friend I haven't seen for 4 years. I just can't wait! He's incredible at computer engineering and computer science. And he's super kind! You'll really get along with him!" The girl enthusiastically rocked in her chair but didn't seem to send the same vibe to her partner who only seemed to become even more irritated.

"I don't want to even know him..." He whispered silently to himself while his classmate swung her legs happily.

Time Skip

"It's lunch, right? Where is he?!" (Y/n) unrestingly looked around in a frantic attempt to spot her crush in the lunch hall.

Saki began pulling on the girl to settle her back down in her seat, "Lala is getting him, just sit down." (Y/n) complied but continued to glance about to the annoyance of the group of males.

"Please stop moving around so much." Ren picked at his food while he proceeded to silently loathe the girl's agitated impatience.

"Sorry...so how's he doing, has he made any new friends?" (Y/n) twiddle her fingers and fidgeted in her seat.

"He doing pretty good, and don't worry, he doesn't have a girlfriend." Saki impishly poked the flustered girl.

"I-I never wanted to- I mean, it's not like- I just-" the (h/c) haired girl settled down in her seat, realising her defeat.

"What's so special about this guy anyway? You're behaving like he cured cancer or something." Kaito aggravatingly stabbed at his lunch, annoyed with the female's mannerisms.

"It's just...he's a great guy and I think you'll all get along with him. You might even become good friends!" In contrast to the girl's optimism, the males felt a gagging sensation lurch in their throats at her proposal. "I can't wait, I wonder if he still likes those strawberries with chocolate or-"

"Why don't you ask him yourself?" Saki nodded her head to the side, causing (Y/n)'s attention to revert towards the direction.

Her heart seemed to sink to her gut and her breath stuck at her throat when she saw who had finally arrived. She widely smiled back at the grin that was sent her way, and quickly stood up from her seat and took in the appearance of her old friend. He hadn't seemed to change a lot through the years, which was something (Y/n) really appreciated and could connect back with. Much like his sisters, Kenzan had blond, straight hair that was a darker colour tone from his siblings. His dark green eyes still shined with the same aspirational and passionate glint that (Y/n) could still remember being there from the very first day.

"Kenzan!" She sprinted towards the smiling boy and he prepared to embrace her with open arms. As the two were reunited in a warm hug, the group of boys that watched the spectacle had to cling on to their chairs and table to refrain from physically ripping the girl out of the newcomer's arms. But despite their continuous malevolent glowering, the two students were in their own world where they could fully appreciate their long awaited reunion. "Welcome back."