Chapter 18

Our first flight was to Los Angeles. We stayed there for the night and then we got on another 5-hour flight to Hawaii. After the flight to Hawaii we went right to the hotel to crash. Our last flight was later the next day so we caught up on sleep and just stayed in the room for the night. The last flight to Sydney took around 11 hours and needless to say I was so happy when we got off the last plane that I think I kissed the ground when we got outside the airport.

It was the middle of the day when we arrived and the sun was shining down brightly on us when we left the airport. Looking around in the parking lot Amanda was searching for her older brother. It didn't take her long to find him though. She let go of my hand and ran over to him.

"Tomas!" She yelled and jumped into his big arms. When I say big, I really mean huge. Tomas is built like a mac truck.

"I just want to give you a suggestion Scar." John said from behind me.

"What's that?" I asked and looked at him.

"Whatever you do, don't piss him off, because I don't think that Luke and I would be able to hold him off of you." John said and hit my back.

"Thanks for the advice" I said and walked forward.

I need to make a good first impression because I would like to make it back to New York to finish my degree. I grabbed our bags and started to walk forward. Tomas finally put Amanda down and smiled over at us.

"Tomas, I want you to meet Veronica." She said and smiled at me.

"It's nice to meet you." I said and held out my hand.

"Same here, when Mandy comes home all she ever talks about is her mysterious roommate Veronica. It's nice to finally be able to put a face to the name." Tomas said and grabbed my hand.

The grip he was using I felt like was going to break my hand but I wouldn't back down. I held my own for a minute until Amanda put her hand over Tomas' wirst and he let go. Good thing she did because if she didn't make him let go I was going to lose my hand from the grip.

"Tomas I also want you to meet John and Luke, they are friends of Veronica." Amanda said getting his attention off of me.

Tomas moved onto John and Luke and I moved closer to Amanda. She tried to take her bag from me but I wouldn't let her.

"Vero, please, I don't want you to stress your wrists anymore." Amanda said.

"I got it, don't worry." I said and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"Are you guys ready to go?" Tomas asked looking at Amanda and I.

"Yea lets go" Amanda said and took her bag from me.

I went to go take it back but Luke just put a hand on my shoulder while John took the other bag from me. I didn't complain even thought I wanted too, I know I shouldn't stress the stitches in my wrists. The last thing I want is for them to bust open. Amanda slipped her hand into mine and we followed Tomas to the car.

"Why didn't you take mums car?" Amanda asked as Luke started to put our bags into the bag of a pick up truck.

"I didn't know I would be picking up two other people Mandy, I just thought it was you and Veronica." Tomas said and started to put our bags into the trucks bed. "Get into the bed Mandy, Luke and John will sit up front with me."

Amanda sighed and got into the bed of the truck. She got herself comfortable and then looked at me.

"How far away is your house?" I asked.

"About an hour because I now have to stay off the highways." Tomas said and got into the drivers seat.

"Are you sure you'll be okay in the back?" Luke asked and looked at us.