Chapter 11

Slowly I opened my eyes. I didn't really want to disturb the quiet silence after last night. But I opened my eyes and found Amanda still sleeping next to me. Both of us are still naked and I couldn't have been happier. Amanda brought me so much joy in a time were I thought I didn't have any.

I watched Amanda sleep for a while. I wanted to live in this peaceful moment forever if I could. But no moment can last forever. Amanda started to stir next to me, most likely feeling my gaze on her skin, and looked up at me. She looked at me with her big blue eyes and I couldn't help but lose myself in them.

Amanda and I didn't speak for a long time. I think we were both trying to come up with the words to explain or even discuss what happened last night. As we stared into each others eyes, I started thinking about the future. Now that my hand is out of the cast, Dante is going to make me fight again. I'm so ready to be done with fighting.

I'm losing the will to fight and it something I don't want back. Fighting was just a means to an end, a way for me to get through school and have some money to live on. But now that Dante made me into one of his biggest paychecks, he keeps tacking on fights to the amount I need to fight in.

Looking at Amanda right now makes me want to stop fighting and just settle down with her. I don't even really want to finish school if I don't have too. All I want is her and it is scaring me to think that at one point in my life I wouldn't trust anybody. I went from one extreme to the other. From not being able to trust anybody, to now basically putting my life in somebody else's hand.

I felt Amanda put her hand on my cheek and it brought me out of my thoughts. Her thumb ran in circles on my cheek calming my nerves and making me focus in on her again.

"You're thinking to loud." She said quietly.

"I'm sorry" I said looking away from her eyes.

"You have nothing to be sorry for. Do you want to talk about it?" She asked and moved a bit closer to me.

It took a lot for me to focus in on Amanda's eyes and not her chest. As she moved closer to me the blanket that was covering her moved down.

"I'm okay for now." I said and pulled the blanket up to hide her chest again so I can focus.

"Well I'm here if you need to talk." Amanda said and kissed my nose.

I smiled at her and kissed her forehead in response. The little things like that are what I love about Amanda. Things that I don't want to change or lose. I would follow Amanda all around the globe if I have too.

"You just had a crazy idea didn't you?" She asked.

"Yea, I did." I said slowly still trying to wrap my own head around this.

"Am I going to be able to hear this idea?" Amanda asked.

"Marry me." I said and looked her in the eyes.

Amanda looked at me for a few moments. At first I think that she didn't believe what I said. I was going to ask her again but she opened her mouth before I could.

"Okay" She said and bit her lip.

"Okay?" I asked making sure I wasn't hearing things.

"Yes, I will marry you." Amanda said with a small smile.

I know this might be rushing things but Amanda and I have been living together for the past three years. Even though we weren't together we acted like a couple at home and even a bit at school. When we would have a break in between our classes we would hang out. Well, it was more like I would go hang out with her and her friends, often times taking pictures of them together for my classes.