An Escape

Ok so this pic captures why I love Han Solo so much! I laughed so hard remembering this part. Anyways hope you guys enjoy this chapter! -Vamp Lover

"What, no thanks for trying to save your life?"

I stared up at someone I never thought I would see again. I knew deep down I should've been angry, but a part of my heart was relieved. I couldn't let him know that.

"You don't deserve a thank you. I don't care if you try to save me now, it'll never make up for all those years I was alone," I said.

That's when I saw it, his tough guy act slipped, and his expression softened. Just for a moment, but it was there.

"Look-" Han began, but was interrupted by Luke.

"I don't know what happened between you two, but if we don't leave now I don't think we will ever be able to," Luke said.

I nodded, he was right. Luke started to lead us out of my cell, and into the main corridor of the ship.

"How did you guys find me?" I asked, I was quite curious.

"An escape pod landed close to my home on Tatooine. That's where I found your sister and two droids. She kept going on about finding Obi-Wan Kenobi. Who just happened to have saved my life. We made a decision of coming to your rescue, only we needed a way to get here. That's where we met Han and Chewbacca, now we're here," Luke said.

That was a pretty vague explanation, but before I had time to ask another question we were being shot at.

"Guess I shouldn't have assumed this would be easy," Han murmured under his breath.

We hid behind several different support beams, shooting at the Stormtroopers. We were able to take out several, but they just kept coming.
"We have to get out of here!" I yelled.

I looked around the corridor we seemed to be cornered in. It was just a narrow hallway, with several support beams that didn't seem to be doing anything. The end of the corridor was full of Stormtroopers, and we didn't have a way out. I looked down at what I had been leaning on, inspecting it carefully. It seemed to be an entrance to somewhere. I shot at the door, ripping off the hinges.

"Hey over here!" I yelled, getting Luke and Han's attention.

It smelled terrible, but I had a feeling it was our only way out.

"I'll cover you!" I shouted, rapidly swinging my arms urging them over here.

I shot at several troopers, while Luke darted over to where I was. He jumped inside quickly, the next thing I knew Han was almost over here, and something large and round hit my foot.

"Oh sh-" Han began, but a terrible ringing sound cut off the rest of his words.

Han pushed me into the entrance, shielding me with his body, we began to fall downwards just as an explosion went off. Did they really just throw a thermal detonator at us? We fell for a couple feet, I was awkwardly close to Han, but it looked as though he had just saved my life. Our fall finally stopped, and I slapped what felt like water with a sting. It smelled terrible.

"Great we're in a trash shoot," Han murmured.

"Where's Luke?" I questioned.

"I don't know. Luke?" Han shouted.

"I'm over here," Luke's voice erupted from a mound of garbage. "I think there's something in here with us," he said.

"What?" Han and I questioned in unison.

Then I felt something pull on my leg. What the heck? The next thing I knew I was being pulled underneath the water. I let out a startled scream, and disgusting guck filled my mouth, I couldn't breathe. I could feel a tentacle like arm wrap around my waist, shaking me violently, but I could also feel two pairs of hands on my arms, pulling me upward. I gasped for air as my head reached the surface.

"(Y/n) are you alright?" Han questioned.

I shook my head, "There's something down there, we need to get out of here."

A terrible screeching noise erupted from the walls around us, it sounded like two rusty gears turning. Then something even more unexpected happened, the walls started to close in.

"What the hell?" Han exclaimed.

"Use something to stop it!" I shouted.

Han and Luke grabbed a large pole and began to prop it in between the walls. I pushed against one as hard as I possibly could, but nothing seemed to be happening. The pole that had been propped in between the walls started to bend upwards, and they just kept closing in. I felt a hand tug at my waist.

"Try to reach the entrance," Han said.

I nodded, as he lifted me upwards. I climbed onto the top of the gigantic garbage mound, but I couldn't reach it. I jumped and jumped, but it was too far away. Was I really going to die in a trash shoot?

"Maybe I can get through to C-3PO," Luke said, frantically trying to switch on a communication device in his hand. "3PO! 3PO!" He repeated.

Nothing seemed to be happening, and the walls just kept closing in. I was being pushed off the large pile of garbage. There was hardly any room now. Then something amazing happened, Luke got through.

I could hear a frantic droid on the other side of the communication stick, he seemed to be saying "Hurry R2 hurry!"

Then the miracle happened. The walls stopped closing in.

"Yes!" we exclaimed.

Han hit Luke's shoulder, and then swept me into a hug. I blushed a furious shade of red, but I was still happy I wasn't going to die. I wondered how strange I looked right now, I was in a soaking wet white dress that clung to my body (luckily it wasn't see through) and my (h/c) hair was sticking to my face. I might've looked like a wreck, but hey we were about to get out of here, or so I thought.

We searched for an exit out of the trash shoot and as we found one, yet another unexpected thing happened. Several troopers stopped us dead in our tracks. We were surrounded. We had no other choice but to drop our weapons. We held our arms in the air. It looked hopeless, but a loud explosion rang out from behind us and a screeching wookie emerged, next to none other than my sister. The troopers scattered and I ran towards the two, with Luke and Han. I could hear gun shots behind me, but I trusted in my new found friends to cover me. We were running out of ammo, but Luke said the ship was near.

A smile slowly spread across my face, it seemed as though we would make it. Then out of the blue, a searing pain erupted in my leg and I collapsed. Did I just get shot? I could hear Han call my name, but the pain was excruciating. My vison became blurry. I could feel a pair of arms lift me, I was being carried bridal style toward the ship. I heard a terrible scream come from Luke's mouth.

"Don't die (y/n). I promise I'll tell you everything. I need you okay?" I heard Han's voice above me.

I rested my head on his white blood stained armor, then I was out cold. For the first time, in my life, I didn't have a terrible nightmare.

Hello again! Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, I know it was kind of all over the place but I enjoyed writing it. Anyways, I have a question for you all, what's your favorite Han Solo moment? I'm very curious to know, if I think any of them fit with the story, I will gladly incorporate them. -Vamp Lover