Searching Goes "Great"

Your POV

Trying to navigate through a gigantic forest was probably one of my least favorite activities. It seemed like we were making no progress, which was annoying to say the least.

"Leia?" Luke's voice rang out from beside me.

We had been searching for a good half hour now, and there was still no sign of my sister. We had tried to follow the general direction of where Han and I had gone in our speeders, but so far the only thing we had found was a discarded helmet.

"Maybe we should take a break," I said, sitting down on a fallen tree trunk.

"Beats walking around aimlessly," Han said, sitting down beside me.

Luke paced in front of us worriedly, most likely thinking through all of the possibilities of Leia's demise.

"Kid, calm down. We'll find her, she survived this long at least," Han said.

"I know, but something feels wrong," Luke said.

I stared at him for a moment. Luke was always so calm and collected, it was strange to see him act to flustered. I glanced nervously at his lightsaber strapped to his belt, this was one of the first times I ever considered Luke being phased by the dark side.

"Stop worrying about everything," I said abruptly, shaking my head vigorously.

Vader's presence was messing with my head. I could sense him there, in the back of my mind constantly. I wouldn't be surprised if my thoughts of Luke joining the dark side were forced upon me.

"(Y/n) are you okay?" Han asked, placing his hand on my shoulder.

"I'm fine," I said even though I was unsure of it.

The fact that Vader could mess with me from this far away shocked me. Last time I had fought with my father the power radiating off of him didn't bother me, I was too furious and afraid to pay attention. If Luke and I truly had to fight Vader, was there a chance of our prevail at all? No that's what they want you to think, I scolded myself.

"Let's focus on the task ahead," I said. "Leia has to be around here somewhere, so now isn't the time to be worrying about the future."

Luke nodded his head at me, and Han just raised an eyebrow. I didn't blame him, I was acting rather strange. Quite honestly I didn't want to tell Han I was struggling with my conscious. I didn't need him to worry about me even more than he already did. I was a Jedi after all, and I was trained to deal with these kind of situations.

I stood up, and looked for the droids and Chewy, pushing the whole Darth Vader issue away. I knew that the three couldn't be far away, we were only ahead of them by a short distance. As soon as I spotted the path we had created Chewy emerged, looking as eager as ever.

"Alright buddy lets get this show on the road," Han said.

The two droids appeared behind Chewy as he let out a cry of approval and began to trudge through the forest. Han let Chewy lead our group, and he walked next to me. Luke was right behind us, and the droids brought up the rear.

We walked in silence for a while, which is why I was so startled when Chewy let out a loud call. Before I even had time to assess the situation, Chewy charged towards what looked like a dead animal. The dead animal was hanging from some type of vine, and the over excited wookie was just about to grab it.

"Chewy no!" Han yelled, grabbing my hand and surging forward.

I stumbled, but Luke's hand on my back kept me from falling over. We all ran towards the spot where Chewy was standing. Right as Han grabbed his arm to make him stop, Chewy yanked the meat off the vine, and a net underneath us sprung upward. We were all squished together and dangling from a tree in a matter of seconds.

"Way to go Fuzz Ball," Han exclaimed.
My face was squished into the rope-like net, and my arms were stuck behind me at weird angles. Han's chest was pressed against my back, and I could feel his breath above my head. Luke was squished next to me, and what I presumed to be his elbow was jabbing into my rib cage.

My camouflaged pants were coming up at my ankles and I could feel something cold touching my left leg and something harry touching my other leg. Chewy and C-3PO must've been on the opposite side of the net, and they were most likely as squished as us three.

"(Y/n) can you reach my lightsaber?" Luke asked from beside me, struggling to free his tangled arms from the net.

"Well given the fact that I don't know where my arms are, I'm going to say no," I said.

"Well one of them is digging into my gut if that makes you feel better," Han said from behind me.

"Yeah definitely," I said.

I felt pinned more than anything. I knew that my arms were behind me, one of them against something warm, apparently Han's gut, and the other one felt something rough and rugged. The net maybe? Regardless of my predicament, we had to get out of the trap. I couldn't reach Luke's lightsaber, but that didn't mean Han couldn't reach mine.

"Han, can you reach my lightsaber?" I questioned, and started to blush a serious shade of read as I realized what that would mean.

My lightsaber was strapped to my thigh in a holster, and lets just say it wasn't closer to my knee than not. When I decided what I was going to keep my weapon in I just grabbed something secure and easy, I didn't think anyone else would be concerned.

Han shifted behind me, "Yeah I got it."

I could feel his arms that were positioned near my shoulders change position. He squirmed around behind me for a while, and it felt weird to say the least. Han was finally able to get one of his arms down low enough to reach my legs. Han's large hand reached my holster, and I was ninety percent sure my face looked like a tomato. Just as Han grabbed my saber, the net around us collapsed.

I let out a scream as I soared to the ground. I was able to get my feet underneath me just as I hit the ground, but I wasn't ready for another person landing on top of me. Han's body slammed into mine, and as a result we were both sprawled on the ground groaning.

"Great job R2!" 3PO exclaimed from somewhere near.

That little trusty droid had beat all of us to the punch.

"(Y/n) are you okay?" Han asked from beside me, but his words came out in groans.

"I'm fine," I said slowly sitting up, and just to be poked in the head by a sharp rock like spear.

"What the?" I questioned, looking around at an army of small, furry, armed creatures around me.

"Great, just great," Han said.

Hey guys hope you enjoyed this chapter! I know it's another short one, and I apologize. I actually had really great plans for this chapter, but sadly I've got testing all next week and I really need to study. Don't worry I will still include all the stuff I wanted, it'll just be in a later chapter. With that said, I hope you guys enjoyed, and have a great week. As always, thank you guys for the read, I love you all. -Vamp Lover