Chapter Thirty-Eight

a/n: I've decided chapter forty will be the last chapter so around two more chapters until this is finished. *cries*

So I was doing my graphic comp and the same person who won round 1 won round 2 so I told everyone in the comp:

I place my hand on my only copy of Keeper of the Lost Cities and in Sophie Foster's name I swear on Keefe Sencen's life that this is not rigged.  

and one person understood it. I feel like a proud mother even though I'm their friend and they just barely understood xD

chapter question: what do you want to be on the cover of Lodestar? 

tbh I just want Keefe on there. I just want assurance he'll show in the book. I know she said he will but I need assurance. If he was hugging Sophie or something like that that would be a bonus but I'll take what I can get. Or a cover that holds clues to what's going to happen in the book.

BABY SENCEN IS COMING VERY VERY  VERY SOON... LIKE... SOON O.O

not reread or edited

"Don't break my favorite student," Sophie said sternly to Fitz.

"What about Kamry?" He questioned, frowning. 

"She's obviously not my favorite student if I'm forced to leave her with Bronte," Sophie stated.

"I thought you're okay with Bronte," Keefe cut in from his place on the couch. 

Sophie looked at him. "Well, yeah. I'm cool with  Bronte. That doesn't mean he's become best friends with everyone in the Elvin world. Are you best friends with Bronte?" 

Keefe held his arms up in defense. Fitz laughed. "What's got you all angry?" Fitz asked. 

She shrugged. "Someone got me pregnant," she said, glaring at Keefe. 

"You wanted kids," he said, not even looking up from his papers that he was filling out. "We have this argument everyday, by the way," he explained to Fitz.

Fitz tried not to laugh. "It's been so long since Ashla was pregnant with Adela. I forgot what it was like to have a pregnant wife." He rolled his eyes. "Thank you, Sophie, for reminding me why she's currently not pregnant."

Sophie glared at him. "Get out of my house and go teach my prodigy one of the three telepathy tricks you can actually do."

"Okay, you're extra grouchy today," Keefe cut in. "What's up?"

She shrugged as Fitz stepped out slowly. She closed the door. "I don't know. I'm just not feeling to well. Elwin says the baby is due sometime this week and I remember the monster came out a week late or around and it's just... ugh." 

Keefe sat up. "Hopefully he or she will be willing to come a little earlier to help their Mommy," he said, smiling slightly. "You alright? Do you need anything?"

"I still need to have a bottle of Youth," she answered. "Can you grab it for me while I get Kenric?" Keefe nodded and walked to the kitchen while she walked over to where Kenric sat in the dining room with his toys. "Baby, it's time for breakfast," she told him, smiling slightly. 

He immediately stood up. "Momma, why is your stomach so big?" He questioned. 

She rolled her eyes. "You baby sibling is in there."

"Do they know they're making you look fat when you're not?" He asked curiously. 

She held back a small smile at that. "Probably not," she answered. "You can ask him or her when he or she comes out."