Chapter Twenty-Six

a/n: Man guys, feels like I haven't updated since last year. . . xD

Anyways, I'm sorry I haven't updated. I've been busy. Worst part is I'm still busy. I'll be writing some stupid essay on Isaac Newton who isn't even that cool. This guy created a certain type of calculus and is the person responsible for you having to follow the scientific method and not just be able to do your own thing. mc=screw him

"Well, the nursery should be in the room next to us."

"But we should keep something in our room to check on him or her during the night so when we have to constantly get up in the middle of night we don't have to change rooms."

"What's the point of giving the kid its own room if we're just going to keep it in here all day?"

"It's just what you do," Sophie said as an explanation. "Don't question it."

"I can question it all I want to question it," he muttered under his breath, ripping open a package they got from Ashla and Fitz, who ended up using something else for Adela. 

"Oh my gosh," Sophie said, gasping.

He looked up quickly. "What?" he asked, worry filling his features. 

"No one told Forkle," she said, eyes wide. 

He sat up. "What do you mean no one told Forkle?"

"I mean, no one told Forkle. As in, Forkle has no idea."

"Holy-"

"Crap," she finished for him. "We should go tell him. I'm already showing," she said, gesturing to her baby belly. It was small but still noticeable. She had reached four months into the the pregnancy a week earlier. 

Keefe nodded and helped her get up from her position on the floor. "Should we go right now? Wouldn't he be in the Lost Cities with his other identity."

She shook her head. "No. His other life is on some kind of vacation right now."

He nodded and grabbed her hand. "Then let's go."

___

"Sophie," Mr. Forkle greeted with enthusiasm when they reached the door. 

"Hi," she said grinning. She walked into the house and he pulled her into a hug.

"Have you been putting on pounds? It's only been three months since I've seen you." He looked at her stomach and frowned. 

She laughed. "Four month since we've seen each other, actually. A lot can happen in four months," she said as Keefe walked in after them. 

He nodded his head and turned to Keefe. "Hi Keefe," he greeted, nodding his head once. 

Keefe lifted a hand and waved while saying, "Hey."

He gestured for the two to walk into the living room and Sophie rolled her eyes when she saw her human family in there, minus Amy. She pulled him aside. "Are they ever in their own home?" She asked, confused. 

He rolled his eyes. "You're not the only one they knew for years. Your parents knew their next door neighbor Mr. Forkle longer than you've been on this earth." He smiled softly. "They could easily get a trigger from me just as easily from you."

She nodded in understanding before they both walked back to the group. "Sophie. We haven't seen you here in a while," Kate commented, smiling. 

She smiled. "It's because I haven't visited him for over four months. We've been. . . Busy," she said, smiling at Keefe who rolled his eyes.