22: An Explosion of Adrenaline

Jack's POV

"Everything will be fine this time, Jack. I promise." Wade told me gently as he attached the wires to me. He said this, but as he did, my eyes were on the bed where Mark was already strapped down using some rope to keep him on the bed. I felt fear sink into me once more, and the thought of getting out of bed in my sleep and trying to kill people made me uncomfortable. I didn't want to hurt anyone, I just wanted to help Mark, but it didn't seem to be working in my favor lately. I felt Wade put the last of the sticky pads on me for monitoring, and Bob walked through the door carrying more rope and some belts with him. I swallowed roughly.

"This looks like we'll be doing some kinky shit." I joked lightly, and Bob glanced at what he was carrying before laughing. Wade shook his head, but his smile was bright. As much as I despised the idea of being tied down to a bed while I was in a dream, I knew that it had to happen. I would hate myself for hurting someone and not being aware of it, and so I let Wade lay me down, and let them strap me to the bed beside Mark. I could feel myself shaking a small bit, almost like I hadn't eaten in several hours, but this was out of nervousness. I glanced at Wade and Bob one last time, who stood by the computers and gave me a thumbs up. Go time. I laid my head back and let myself sink into the dream, eyes closed.

When my eyes opened, I already felt a headache. Wherever I was, I had been hit in the head and was exhausted. My head rolled across my shoulders so that I was sitting straight up, and my eyes remained closed. I was still bound tight, and for a moment I wondered if I hadn't gone into the dream yet. Then, my eyes fluttered open and it took everything I had not to gasp. We were in a room surrounded by men in dark clothing. Several had their guns trained on us, and they were covered so that we couldn't make out any piece to what they looked like. One was kneeling in the corner, working with his hands out of sight until he backed away, leaving a bomb there.

The men all filed out, suddenly disinterested in who we were, and the shut the door behind them. We were in an all concrete room, one light shining in the corner directly on me. I was tied to a chair, my ankles bound to the legs and my hands and arms bound behind me. I could hear the heavy breathing of someone who was asleep behind me, just over the beeping of the timer on the explosive, and I could only assume that it was Mark. I began to shift, trying to move my hands around and untie myself. The bomb was counting down from five minutes.

"Mark!" I shouted, and I heard a grunt from behind me as someone was startled awake. I began to shift again, moving jerkily as to shake the bands from my hands and my feet. My chair made squeaking noises, but I couldn't move it either, it was attached to Mark's. Swearing softly, I held my breath and pushed out against the chair and my restraints, but it was to no use.

"What the hell?" Mark asked, suddenly aware now of what was happening. He began to struggle as well, panicking, and I sighed. "Jack, is that you?" he asked me, and I was too busy trying to bite at the ropes that bound my chest. The taste and texture sent my head jerking backwards, my tongue rubbing against the top of my mouth to get rid of the feeling. I nodded my head for Mark, and then wrapped my teeth once more around the rope, trying to ignore how my mouth screamed at me to let go. "What do we do? Where are we? Why are we here? Jack, how are we going to get out of this?" I stopped my tugging at the rope, feeling it loosen but unable to handle the texture. I shook my head, and cleared my throat.

"We just need to get out of these restraints, calm down. It's just a dream." I told him, and Mark sighed, remembering. He looked around as I took the rope between my teeth, trying my hardest not to jerk back. This rope not only tasted strange, but the texture of the fibers all weaved together between my teeth I hated. I pulled at it, and I felt it coming loose again. Just a bit more, and the first rope would be loose enough to move in. When I noticed several more, I was unsure if I could do this just using my teeth. I tugged anyway, ignoring the squeaking of the rope against my teeth, and felt Mark tugging from behind me.