1: Running Out of Time

Mark's POV

"Hell-o everybody, my name is Markiplier, and welcome to-!"

"Fun times with Wade!" Wade suddenly interrupted my words, and I stopped, staring into my camera as he and Bob burst into laughter. Jack giggled with them, all unable to handle their own laughter while I snorted, pretending to be offended by their antics.

"How dare you interrupt my intro!" I scoffed, and Wade only laughed harder. "You dickbag!" I shook my head, ignoring Wade and Bob as they completely lost it and turned back to the camera. "Anyway, today we're playing prop hunt with this imbecile who apparently thinks its funny to ruin my intro." Wade finally got ahold of himself, refraining from laughing although I could bet his face was red. "Just ignore them, who's on my team?" I asked, and Bob only burst into laughter once more as I saw Wade on my team. "Are you kidding me?!"

"Karma!" Jack shouted through his own laughing, and I shook my head at this. I feigned irritation, and rolled my eyes to the ceiling before staring at my camera in anger and turning back to the game.

"This is a bunch of bull." I muttered, and they only laughed harder. I ran a hand through whatever my hair was trying to be, and yawned, clicking out of the menu and into the server that Bob had set up for Garry's Mod. I sat there, waiting for the map to load up and resting a hand on my forehead. I could feel another headache coming on, and the pressure seemed to increase on the sides of my head.

I knew it was from the lack of sleep that I'd been getting. Jack had talked to me late into the morning hours last night, and I still managed to get only a few hours of sleep. I wished that whatever was bothering me would stop. They were dreams, I knew this much, but most of the time I couldn't tell what they were. They had started a little while ago, just vague enough to drain me of energy from the next day, but they had been recurring more often lately, and I was remembering them clearer and clearer. They were dark, mysterious, and they bothered me to a point of waking me up, drenched in sweat.

"Mark?" Jack suddenly said my name, dragging me back to reality, and I snapped my head back to the camera. When had I looked away? I realized that game had loaded and we were playing, hunting the props, me and Wade.

"Sorry, I spaced out a bit." I said, rubbing my temples once more before pulling out a weapon, looking around and trotting forward.

"I see that, you doin' okay, buddy?" Jack asked, and I was happy with his concerned, but also a bit upset. I didn't want him to worry about me, I would be okay.

"Yeah, sorry. Just my lack of sleep with these dreams, it's starting to take a toll on me." I admitted, trying to hide my embarrassment by being bothered by something so simple.

"Dreams?" Wade repeats after a long, drawn out pause. I ignore this, my headache suddenly increasing tenfold and I quietly excused myself to get some ibuprofen. I knew that Jack would take over and explain everything, and I wondered if they saw it as childish, like I did. Either way, I took the pills and hoped my headache would cease as I rejoined the call, finding them laughing about Wade blowing himself up with one of the barrels on the map, and I proceeded to mock him a bit before going hunting for the props.

My headache did cease quite a bit, enough that it wasn't a major problem that I needed to focus on. It was simply there, in the back of my head, aching and begging me to be rid of it, but it wasn't terrible anymore as it had been. The only problem that I had was the sudden feeling that someone was watching me. I would stop, mid sentence, to turn around and look, but every time no one would be there. I wondered it my pounding head was playing tricks on me, but instead I tried to put my energy into the game. Even still, I couldn't rid myself of this awful feeling.