2 Million

Previously in chapter 1:

 I walked to my room in our small little apartment and pulled out a purple suitcase I kept in the closet. I piled my few items into it and rolled it into the living where my aunt sat checking her nails and making faces at the floor probably thinking about the dirty carpet. Our black cat Neko decided to make an appearance now he crawled from under the stove and sat by my feet. He looked at me with curious green eyes. I bent down and picked him up scratching behind his ear. He purred and I gave him a tiny smile.

“You are not bringing that with you” she said with disgust pointing at Neko.

Neko hissed and I fought a smile, I knew this cat was a good judge of character. I placed him down with a frown and rolled my things to the front door.

“This is the dining room and that is your room, the furniture belongs to my daughter so try your best not to ruin it please.” Aunt Nicole said before sashaying out of the room. I glared at her back sending her the thoughts I couldn’t say. ‘Yes because I have a dying urge to draw on the walls like a 5 year and rip up the pillows like I’m some kind of dog, is that what you were expecting’. I fell face first into the bed and prayed I wouldn’t be here for long. I crawled under the fluffy pink covers, suddenly tired from the long day, I rested my head on my pillow before shutting my eyes but sleep evaded me and when it finally came I dreamed of things that made me shiver.

I dreamt of the death of my mother..

______________________________________________________

Chapter 2:

I opened the door to my tiny apartment; someone’s hand covered my mouth on instinct I started to scream until I realized it was my mother.

“Shush” she dragged me to her room and put me in the closet.

“Where they hell is she!?” I heard an angry man yell in a raspy voice. There were bangs and clatters as they tipped over our stuff and broke dishes.

“What going on mom?” I whispered.

She put a finger to her lips “Listen honey no matter what you hear I want you to stay in this closet do you understand?” I nodded, still confused. She gave me a sweet smile.

 “I love you Blair, stay safe don’t come out ok?” she hugged me tightly. When she pulled away I saw her lips trembling.

“Mom, what are you talking about?” she just shook her head. She stepped out of the closet. I stayed put like she told me the noisy intruders outside still making noises.

“I’m so *bang* sorry Blair *clatter* I should have told you *rip*” My mom said over the ruckus.

Told me what? Before I could ask she closed the closet door. I could hear the men’s voice clearly now

“Where is the girl?” the deep voice questioned.

“She’s not here” my mom said her voice emotionless. What girl?

“Don’t LIE WHERE THE HELL IS SHE?!” the voice yelled.

“She’s NOT here” my mother said emphasizing her sentence. There was more shuffling and I heard my mom yelp.

 “Tell us where Blair is or we’ll end your life right here, right now”.

My mother gave a humorless chuckle “Never” she said plainly.

There was a sickening crack and my mother screamed. They were looking for me? Why me? They asked again and my mother refused again more cracking more screaming I couldn’t take it. I tried to open the door but I soon realized it was locked. I was trapped. I pounded on the door I wanted nothing more than to relieve my mother of her pain. More cracks more screams. I realized no one was going to hear me. I slid down against the door and pulled my legs against my chest. I covered my ears with my hands trying to block out the sound but I could still hear them clearly. This continued for an hour until my mother could speak no more. She was dead. Police sirens sounded in the distance

“The cops!” the two voices exclaimed, I heard their rapid footfalls as they bolted out of the room.

The police came soon after surveying the scene. They opened the closet and found me. I bolted out looking for my mother. I fell to my knees when I saw her body. Every joint was twist in an awkward position. Some bones protruded from her skin. Her body was bloodied and grotesque. I broke down as the officers carried me to questioning. I sobbed and whined and fought against their holds, screaming my mother’s name. The thing that didn’t occur to me until much later was whoever was searching for me was still out there.

I snapped up to a sitting position in my bed. I was breathing heavily and my body was covered in sweat. I put a hand to my heart and felt it beating erratically in my chest. I looked around the purple and pink room, slowly taking in my surroundings, I sighed when I came to my senses and realized where I was. I looked out the window the sun was coming up and could barely be seen over the hills, I looked at the time 7 am. Lazily getting out of bed I walked to the bathroom and took a look in the mirror, my brown hair was sticking up in multiple directions, my greenish eyes stared back at me with a tired and dazed look standing out against my pale skin. I sighed and did my morning routine quickly, as I walked out of the bathroom and was surprised to find Neko on my bed.

“Hey buddy how did you get here?” I asked curious.

“We found him at your house when we came to get you but were informed you were staying here, we thought he might belong to you” a soft male voice said.

It scared the crap out of me; I spun around so fast I think I gave myself whiplash. A young man about 21 was sitting in my desk chair. He had brown hair and grey eyes. His mouth set in a calm neutral smile as he stared at me; it took me a while to realize that I was only in a towel.

“Get out” I deadpanned pointing to the door.

“But-” he began before I cut him off

“I’ll let you back in when I dressed”.

He smirked and glided across the room quickly, closing the door with a quiet click. I quickly got dressed and reopened the door. I was instantly on the floor. I felt something heavy and hard on top of me. I gasped for air as his back slammed into my chest.

“Oh gosh sorry” he said as he got off of me and offered me a hand up which I gratefully took “I shouldn’t have leaned on the door” HE said.

I’m just going call him HE until he tells me his name.

“Are you okay?” HE asked. I nodded my head and dusted myself off.

“So who are you? Why were in my room? And Why are you wearing a suit?” best to get straight to the point right.

“I’m Adam your chauffeur, I came to pick you up, and the suit is in the job description” Adam replied while leaning on the wall arms crossed.

“Those answer all your questions? Can we leave now?” he said rolling his eyes at me.

Whoa back the truck up, chauffeur? For me? Hold on a second is this guy giving me lip. I’m not into stereotypes or holding power over others but isn’t he supposed to be doing everything I say or at least being polite like calling me ma’am or some other weird title, like they do in all those movies.

“Why do I need a driver?”

“You’re father wants you to get there safely and comfortable” Adam replied.

A flashback of my mother’s killers struck me but I chased it away.

“Huh” I said as I grabbed my small suitcase and rolled it right past him heading to the front door, Neko following behind me.

I felt a hand wrap around mine “the suitcases…that’s in the job description too” he said as he took my bag from me and making his way to the door.

There’s something about this guy. Something I don’t like.

____________________________________________

 New character, Go Adam! Anyway this is my second update of my newest story. I’m still looking for a cover picture so help with that would be appreciated. I’m sorry if the death scene was nothing like you imagined it would be or if it disappointed you. It was pretty hard to conjure up something I’m not someone who’s good with those type of things. Thanks for reading. Just to be clear she never saw her mom’s murderers because she was stuck in the closet. Vote, comment please :) There is a pic of Adam up there ^^ its pretty close to how I picture him.