Chapter Nineteen - Alliances

••••••This is dedicated to @OwainGlyn- one of the great poets on Wattpad and a Lover of intricate plots. •••••

----------------------------------------

"Come in," Trey said looking at Benjamin Vu.

"How did you know where I was and why are you here?"

"Aw, nice room. This is my first time coming here. Qui Le what do you think of this place?" The man nodded not saying a word.

Trey looked at Benjamin trying to figure out what was going on.

"Mr. Vu, what is this all about?"

"Sit down Trey. We have some very important things to discuss." Trey sat on the sofa in front of Benjamin. The man he called Qui Le stood behind Trey in the corner.

There was a knock on the door. "Expecting company?"

"I ordered room service."

"Qui, get the food and bring it to Mr. Taylor."

The Asian man did what he was told and brought the food back in.

"Eat first, we have a lot to discuss," Vu said pulling out his briefcase and lining up envelopes on the table. A few minutes later, Trey was done and looked back at Vu.

"Okay you have my complete attention."

"I have heard the accusations made by your ex-girlfriend. Are they true?"

"No, not all of it. The only thing true is she is pregnant but I'm not sure if it's mine. I hope this doesn't interfere with us working together."

"No but I would like to discuss you working for me." Trey seemed to relax.

"Have you spoken to your manager, Pete?"

"No, I've been trying to piece my personal life back together."

"Aw, with Ms. Whittington, right?"

"Yes."

"Well that is the least of your worries. Three of your endorsement deals are dropping you and suing for product misrepresentation."

"This can't be happening to me? I haven't done anything wrong."

"Actually you loved the wrong woman. You see when you are in the spotlight someone's feelings can get hurt and Ms. Natalie Freeman's got hurt. But I will admit Ms. Christina Whittington is classy, rich, beautiful and I'm sure is a freak in the sheets you did right to have her on your arm."

"Don't talk about Chris like that, you don't know her. If I ever hear you talk about her like that again, I will kill you!"

"Is that a threat, Mr. Taylor?

"You damn right it is?" From out of nowhere Trey felt hard metal against the base of his neck.

"No one threatens me. Now shut your black ass up. You will sit there and listen like a good little boy to what I have to say, like it or not or I will have Qui do it for you. Your choice, Mr. Taylor." Trey closed his eyes and nodded his head.

"Good."

"Trey, I'm here to help you. I can provide things that no one else can. I want to offer my services in exchange of helping me get what I want. I have the proof of the things you want most in life."

Vu pulled out the first envelope and passed it to Trey. He opened it confused.

"That is a picture of your mother, Beverly Taylor."

Trey looked at the picture and wanted to cry. This was the first time in over twenty years he had seen his mother. He felt the emotional connection instantly as he looked upon the pictures.