Chapter 16

-Jacob's POV-

It's been a week since she got taken. Hattie was very nice, but talked way too much. We had offered her to stay on the train, but she declined. I hope our paths will cross again. Mariska's in bed, has been ever since we got back. I couldn't believe the injuries she had, broken ribs, nose, permanent scarring down the jaw, arms and legs. She lost too much blood over those days she was there, apparently we got there just in time. Otherwise, she would've died. I've known her for what seems like years, but is only a few months. Mariska started stirring, waking up from her sleep. I rushed over to her, placing my hand over hers.

"Are you okay?" I babbled, reaching for the glass of water on the night stand next to us.

"Fine, considering," She quavered. I could hear the pain in the way she spoke for Christ sake.

"You don't have to be," I fretted, bringing the glass to her lips, letting her drink.  After she finished, I set it back down, and looked at her. After a while, she noticed me staring at her.

"What?" She gently laughed, the corners of her mouth upturning slightly.

"Nothing," I shook it off. 

It wasn't nothing. In fact, it was everything. I almost lost her, yes, I had only just started our relationship, but that doesn't mean that my feelings aren't there. I hadn't told her I loved her, and she could've died. I'm not getting any younger, and neither is she, if you get my idea. I wanted to show her that I loved her, and believe me, I do. 

She sat up, and immediately winced. I reached around her, and propped her up with some pillows.

"I never thought the impetuous Jacob Frye could be so gentle and caring over someone," She smirked, tapping my nose

"I only am if I love someone," I hinted, then covered my mouth. Wasn't this the first time I said I loved her?

"You- You what me?" 

"I just said I loved you," I sighed, pinching the bride of my nose and tossing my head back. I could feel myself blushing the longer I thought about it

"Hey, why are you so embarrassed?" She whispered, bringing her shaking fingers to my chin, pulling my head down so she could see my face.

"I love you too, okay? Never feel ashamed because you love somebody,"

I smiled at her, and gently kissed her, as if she would smash at any  moment.

That was it. I would propose to her.

-

(A/N)

im sorry this was a really short and shit chapter (again) but yeah I think this is probably going to be the second last chapter to be fair, im not so good at the longer stories tbh i think ill go onto one shots after this? but idk

and thanks for 300+ reads yayyy:)))))

dont forget to vote and shiz