Chapter 10

-Jacob's POV-

I knew that the whole thing was a plan to get Mariska forgive me. Of course, Henry and Evie didn't know that I knew, I didn't want to give it away that I actually wanted to talk to her again. I kinda winged my apology, but I really did mean every single word I said. I was a bit of a dick to be quite honest. It was the hug we shared that really threw me off guard. I held out my arms expecting her to pat me on the shoulder, not actually hug me. Feels like she actually enjoyed it. I'm not complaining anyway. Truth be told, when I first saw her I knew something was going to happen between us, call me cliché. That night at the pub where I was absolutely drunk under the table was probably one of the best nights I've had so far in London. I've always secretly wanted it to happen again. I wanted to  be with her again. Pearl came and through all that off guard though, distracting me, but I meant to let her between Mariska and I. 

Mariska cleared her throat by the side of me, breaking my thoughts and the silence between us.

"I'm sorry," I apologised again. I was determined to not let this happen again

"I know you are, and I forgive you," She laughed, going to punch me on the shoulder. I grabbed her fist, and intertwined my fingers with hers. I looked at her to see her looking at me.

"What?" She giggled, raising an eyebrow

"You're the one looking at me," I said, smirking

"What are we?" She blurted out. By the look on her face, she didn't mean to say it, instantly covering her mouth with her free hand

"What do you mean?" I asked, trying to make it less awkward, and doing the exact opposite

"Well, you're holding my hand and blushing so," She said, trailing off, her shyness now very apparent. We carried on walking for a while in silence. I was trying to think of a way to say I wanted to be with her, but I didn't want to sound desperate.

"We'll see where we are in a few weeks," I said, before getting to the train. "If you want to, of course," She nodded. 

We walked onto the train, to meet Evie and Henry's faces lit up like a Christmas Tree.

"I'm guessing you two are fine now?" Henry said, all four pairs of eyes trailing to Mariska and I's intertwined hands. 

"Of course we are Henry, anyway, I must say, I am very tired, I think I'll be off to bed," I said, trying to save the awkwardness of the conversation escalating. Of course, it didn't work.

"Is Mariska going to go with you?" Evie smirked. I looked at Mariska, who had turned bright red

"I think that's not necessary Evie, I'll be off too, Goodnight!" Mariska said, trying to pry our hands apart

"Not even a goodbye kiss?" I provoked her. If you can't beat them, join them.  Mariska sighed and accepted her fate, which was being made fun of for the next hour.

-

(A/N)

over 100 reads omg thankyouuuu:))))

if it isnt apparent already, i never know what to write here oops

yeah anyway dont forget to vote and stuff*-*