Chapter 9

-Mariska's POV-

I was sat on one of the sofa's in the main carriage, reading about the precursor object yet again, when Henry came through the door and sat opposite me. He sat and started at me for a good minute until I looked up

"Can I help you?" I said, clearly confused

"I have a job for you," He finally said

"Which is..." I trailed off. I didn't think Henry would be this weird to be quite honest.

"There is another gang headquarters, I wish for you to take them out," 

"Where?" 

"Near Buckingham Palace, meet me there at sunset,"

"You have my word," I finished the conversation, shaking his hand

-

The sun was slowly setting over London, the sky a mixture of red and orange. It was surprisingly warm for London. Most of the time the puddles in the dips of the streets have frozen over. I sat down on the steps in front of the palace and waited for Mr. Green. 

I still haven't made up with Jacob. Don't get me wrong, I would love to, but after all, it is his fault. I know I've only known him for a few weeks, maybe a month, but dare I say that he's slightly caught my attention? Ever since I first saw him I knew that I would find him attractive, but I didn't know it would be this bad. Ever since we had that drinking competition all those weeks ago, I longed for more time with him. I had more time with him, until Miss. Attaway took that away from me. It was only fair I  look her  life for it. Anyway, she was a Templar, she probably would've killed him in time. Here I am again, saving Jacob's life, and getting shit for it. Though I do feel bad for him, he finally found someone that made him happy, and she was killed. By my blade. 

"Mariska?" Someone questioned, snapping me out of my thoughts. I turned around to see Jacob.

"Where's Mr. Green?" I asked. Today of all days, I really didn't want to put up with his bullshit

"He's obviously not turning up," He smirked, looking up at the now dark blue sky.

"I'm going back to the train," I said, getting up and brushing past his shoulder

"Wait," He pleaded. I stopped mid-walk, still facing the other way. I am aware this sounds very cliché, but I have honestly never heard him so upset. I turned around to see him holding out his hand, his lips in a slight frown. I slowly edged closer, not wanting to appear vulnerable.

"I never meant anything I said," He said, his hand still in the air. "You're not a whore. I was angry because I couldn't accept that I was doing the wrong thing. Again," He said, slowly lowering his hand. I grabbed hold of it before it could fall to his side. His frown immediately turned into the most heart-warming smile I've ever seen. 

"You forgive me?" He smiles, coming closer to me

"How could I not?" I said, walking to his side. He let go of my hand and pulled me into his arms. He was so warm, and he smelled of cinnamon. In the distance, I could hear clapping and cheering. I peered through the side of him, because of our significant height difference, and saw two figures on a nearby roof. I winced to get a closer look, until I could make out Henry's rope tied around his waist. I flipped them the finger and retreated back into Jacob's chest.

-

(A/N)

ok is it bad that i ship my own characters? anyway, it's so cold where i am, im legit wearing a scarf and gloves in my room oops

dont forget to vote friends:))))