3.8; "Love changes us."

Comenzar desde el principio

My mind was shouting. I felt myself slowly lean inwards, but I quickly stopped myself. I had to make sure she was okay, I can't rush into this, not after everything that happened last night. It wasn't the right time, I need to wait for the perfect moment.

I breathed in slowly, before exhaling. I pulled my hand away from her leg, as I stared up into her eyes. She set her hand down, and my cheek instantly felt cold.

"How are you feeling?" I ask. She pursed her lips together tightly, as she looked down to her lap. "My minds clear. I can remember, everything..." She spoke quietly, as her lip quivered. It felt like a knife being stabbed into my chest.

"D-Did h..he?" I couldn't even finish my sentence, my heart broke instantly as I could feel my eyes tear up a little bit. But she knew what I meant. I felt her hold onto my hand even tighter, and I looked up into her eyes. "No, they didn't." She quickly replied. I felt the biggest sense of relief. He can't lay a finger on Riley. He won't ever lay a finger on my Riley, ever again.. I'll make sure of that.

"I want you to teach me how to fight." Riley suddenly said, and I quickly looked up to her. "What?" I asked, as I raised my eyebrow. She nodded her head instantly. "I want to be able to defend myself, self-defense. Will you please help me?" She asked quietly, but with hesitance in her tone. I gave her a light smile.

"Always." I said, and she curved her perfectly rosy pink lips upward. I just held onto her hand tighter.

....................

"30..." I whispered to myself in agony, as I pushed myself up off the basement floor. Thirty push-ups weren't as easy as you'd think.

I felt the swept drip down from my forehead, as I breathed out deeply. I could feel the sharp pain in my side, I still haven't completely healed from my boxing. But all the anger that was building up in my veins because of Conner, I could feel the rage igniting in my chest. I felt like I could do push ups for hours out of anger and fury.

Suddenly, I heard a door creep open, which made me stop.

I quickly stood up, to see Riley standing there by the basement door. Her hair was pulled up in a ponytail, and she wore black leggings with a black tank top and nikes'. She looked absolutely perfect.

She stared at me for a moment, as she tilted her head to the side. I could feel the sweat build up even more, as it slightly dripped down my bare torso. Her cheeks suddenly flushed pink.

"Take a picture, it will last longer." I winked, before I grabbed a towel and wiped my forehead. She began to giggle, that was one of the first things I had ever said to her when we first met.

"Just curious." She said, before smiling. I bit the side of my lip, as I smiled at the same time. "Are you ready to start?" I asked, before I trotted over to a table that had some boxing equipment. I worked out, and or practiced in Zay's basement a lot, his dad's a fitness trainer so he has all of the equipment.

"Yeah." She suddenly replied, before I heard her walk over to me. I handed her a pair of gloves, and she slipped them on, before I smirked at her.

"What?" She asked bluntly. I chuckled, before shaking my head. "Nothing...you're just cute." I said, whispering the last part so she wouldn't hear. I walked over to the mat, "Heard that." She suddenly said, and I looked over to her, slightly blushing. Oh my God, was I seriously blushing?

She gave me a light smirk, before she put up her arms in defense. "Don't go easy on me." Riley said, sternly. I let a small chuckle, before I reached my hand over to the table and turned on some music.