Poké

PokéShipping

Involves: Ash and Misty

Reaction: Holy crabs.

Here we go!!!

The first ever ships in Pokémon history.

And this is why this was the one given the name, Pokeshipping.

Let's just go back to the moment these two first met.

Misty was fishing. She got Ash while she was fishing. She slapped Ash (but was removed in the dub). Ash stole her bike. Misty decided to follow Ash until she got her bike back.

However, as their adventure went on, Misty forgot all about the bike. She had so much fun traveling with Ash and Brock. They had become best friends.

Sure, Ash and Misty bicker a lot, but that's the fun of it. They still manage to be best friends after all that.

When Misty was called to take over the Cerulean gym, she didn't even want to go. AND SHE ALREADY GOT HER BIKE BACK.

However, responsibilities and dreams must come first. Besides, who says they can't be long distance friends?

Oh. Pikachu really likes Misty. Again, Pokémon tend to act like their trainers. Wink wink.

In a personal standpoint, I always loved this ship even before I was aware that I was shipping. Even as a little 4/5/6/7 year old Elemeno, I already liked the pairing. I had these Ash and Misty figurines and they would always go together. They would stand close to each other all the time. I would let them hold hands because I don't even know.

I don't know. I just shipped my figurines with each other.

Here are the figurine ships that I remembered doing:

Ash x Misty

Chikorita x Totodile

Pichu x Golduck (Lol...wtf)

Pikachu x another Pikachu

Psyduck x Wigglytuff (because of that one episode)

Heracross x Cyndaquil (I don't know why)

Clefable x Charmeleon

Brock x Nurse Joy

Jessie x James

ANYWAY...going back to the ship.

Some of the hints, though, have been replaced in the English dub, but there are also some stuff in the original Japanese but removed in the English dub.

I'll just go with whatever bulbapedia says.

Now, here are some of the episodes that have hints. I won't include everything mentioned in bulbapedia because that would take forever.

Anyway...here we go!

- Ash Catches a Pokémon: Misty had just joined Ash in his journey. She thought of him as an annoying guy until this episode where she noticed Ash's dedication and love for Pokémon.

- The Water Flowers of Cerulean City: Daisy calls Ash as Misty's boyfriend. However, this was shut down by Misty.

- Beauty and the Beach: Ash notices how Misty looks like a girl, causing Misty to blush hard.

- The Ghost of Maiden's Peak: Misty invites Ash to dance with him.

- The Tower of Terror: Ghost Ash decided to have some fun with Misty. Why not Brock as well?