“Hello?”

“Sssssh... I can see you.”

“Who is this?”

“Someone you once knew.”

“Okay...Well have you got a name?”

“Come to the Costa in Muswell Hill at 2pm and find out.” And with that strange ending the person on the other line hung up. That was weird but it was most likely just someone prank calling so I headed to new chosen room and started to unpack. My room was at the front of the house it had an en suite with a Jacuzzi bath and walk in shower, a big old wardrobe which I began unpacking my clothes into. I felt something vibrating in my back pocket and took it out to find a message from whoever had just called me it said

Sorry that must of creeped u out a bit

But I promise I’m not a mass murderer

Just come to Costa I want to surprise u! J

Hmm I decided that maybe this was just to interesting to pass up and I could just go up there and peek in the window to see if there was anyone I recognised in there and if not I could go home. Checking the time I saw it was 1:30, half an hour to get ready and find a bus route there. Muswell Hill I vaguely remembered that but I’m sure it had changed a lot since I had last been there. I moved away from London when I was just 7 but since then I have lived in 4 Boarding schools, 8 Houses and 5 Different countries. To put it mildly I moved around a lot. I looked up online a bus route to get there and waited at the stop at the end of my road. When I got off the bus just across the road from Costa I took a moment to prepare myself for anything that might occur and peered through the window. It was pretty empty and I didn’t see anyone I knew there was an old lady, a business guy getting a coffee, a couple of giggling girls who were probably a few years younger than me. I turned to see what they were laughing about and saw a dark haired guy leaning against a wall staring right at me with a knowing smile on his lips. He was smoking hot but I that wasn’t what was getting my attention it was the fact he just kept looking at me not talking, coming any closer or anything.

“Sorry can I help you?” I asked after all my many nannies had taught me to be polite.

“Didn’t think you would. Oh well come on maybe I can enlighten you.” He started to walk over to a table and without thinking about it I followed him.

“Do you remember me now?” He put his arm down on the table and I saw a little pink and purple braid wrapped around his wrist. I would recognise that friendship bracelet anywhere mainly because I had an identical one on everyday only mine was in green and red.

“Ash! I can’t believe it you’re... well you you’re” I was at a complete loss for words

“Grown up? Yeah that happens, same goes for you. No more pigtails and pink dresses I see, thank god.” He smiled again pulling me in for a hug. This was brilliant I had seen Ash since I was about 12 and he had come to visit us in France for his summer holiday but we had been friends since we were born and out of everyone I had to leave when I first moved he was the worst but now here we were together again.

“Ah so this must be Megan?” I glanced around at the sound of my name and saw a funny looking ginger guy. He was dressed like something out of an 80’s film timberlands, checkered shirt and baggy jeans not to mention a pair of bright green sunglasses which he took off and slipped into his pocket.

“Umm yes?” It sounded like a question as I had no idea who he was but he obviously knew me.

“Don’t worry I’m not another long lost best friend but I could be a new type of friend if you want?” He said this with a cheeky grin and I had no doubt what sort of friend he had in mind.

“Well for now let’s just get to know each other, I’m Megan and you are..?” I waited for an answer.

“Russell or Russ depends on if you’re my friend or my Grandma.” I raised my eyebrows at this and made a mental note to call him Russ from now on.

“Ok so now you to have met maybe we can catch up by ourselves?” Ash gave Russ a very pointed look which he returned and put his hands in the air surrendering whilst backing away.

“See you later Megs” He waved as he walked away. I decided that I liked him he was just the sort of funny weird guy you don’t get in California and the type of person I had looked forward to meeting.

“Sorry about that, I just thought it would be a good idea for you to meet someone who goes to your school before you start tomorrow although I have no doubt you are no longer that innocent and shy girl you used to be.” He grinned and I got a glimpse of dimples that reminded me of the little boy I was friends with.

“What so you don’t go to my school I thought you did.” I asked with a bit of confusion

“I used to but now I go to the local school it’s a comprehensive, its good though I like it there.” He seemed happy enough so I didn’t push it any further but it was a bit weird that he had suddenly changed without telling me.

“Ok. So any girlfriends?” I loved asking him about stuff to do with girls because the answer was always the same.

“No. I don’t like anyone either before you ask, I prefer to fly solo if that’s alright with you.” He stared dead straight at me which made me giggle. He looked so cute serious.

“Stop laughing at me! I’ll have a girlfriend when I’m ready believe me, girls literally through themselves at me.” Huh I’d imagine so with the way he looked now.

“Oh Yeah? Well I’ll be the judge of that!” He laughed.

So give me your thoughts.....seriously I would LOVE some comments!!!! thank you xxx

“Come on Megs lets go see the wonderful London you’ve been missing out on for the last million years.” I scoffed at the million years, which was just a little bit of an exaggeration.