Chapter 4

Blaine sat on his bed in a room filled with other beds with other lieutenants. He was having a really hard time here, away from his family.  His parents, his father mostly, weren't very accepting of him being gay. But, he wasn't referring to that family. He was referring to Kurt, his amazing husband and their beautiful daughter Alexis.  He looked down at his hand and twisted his wedding ring around.  Tears formed in his eyes.  A lieutenant in a wheelchair came up to him.

"You miss them?," he asked.

Blaine looked up at the lieutenant.

"Yeah.  They're everything to me.  I'm sorry, I'm Lieutenant Blaine Anderson," he said and held his hand out.

The other soldier shook his hand.

"James Comire.  You can call me Jim or Jimmy if you want," he replied.

Blaine smiled and looked back down at his hands.

"I miss mine too. Is that your husband?," Jim asked.

Blaine nodded. "And daughter."

Jim smiled.  "They're beautiful."

Blaine smiled back. "Thank you."

Just then a general came in and ordered everyone to do their training. They all left their rooms. Before Blaine left, he gave the picture a kiss.

"I love you guys," he said tearfully.

They all left and headed out to do training.
________________________

Short chapter, I know. I haven't had a lot of time to write lately. I promise I'll try and write more often. Just please be patient with me! :)

~SaraLiz36~